Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Loading Thailand map into E72 ??

dali18

Loading Thailand map into E72 ??

Can somebody advise me how to load a map of Thailand into the E72 phone? When connecting to the Nokia Suite, map of Thailand is not available. But the other phone Nokia 500 could find the map on web and through "actualisation" and "add map" icons the map of Thailand could be downloaded. But the E72 does not offer the possibility of loading the map directly from net (could not find any icon "add map"). According to manual, E72 offers only loading the maps through the Nokia Suite (but this does not contain the Thailand map). To solve the problem means - how to force the phone E72 to be able to download the maps from net. Where is the problem - phone itself (should I upgrade the system) or the application Maps (should I upgrade the application Maps)? Seems to me unbelievable that (when the map actually exists)  I could not get it into E72 phone. Thanks for advice.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Loading Thailand map into E72 ??

[ Edited ]

@dali18

You can't mix and match as E72 uses data 00.01.29.100 whereas 500 uses 00.02.46.103

You are advised to use latest version of Nokia Suite to install mapping to E72 and below is screenshot, but here is direct download link Thailand

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
toprunner

I have same issue with my E/, really weird that i could install Thailand map into my 6710 Navigator before i left to Thailand but when i stay in Thailand now and want to have map in my E7, i cant install from NOKIA suite. I downloaded the files you linked to... but it seems risky to use. Would i copy them into this directory ? My Computer\Nokia E7-00\Mass memory\CITIES\diskcache\ ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

toprunner wrote:

Would I copy them into this directory ? My Computer\Nokia E7-00\Mass memory\CITIES\diskcache\ ??

Yes, decompressed .zip has (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f so accept any Windows prompts to overwrite/replace; you can always make copy of "Cities" folder first.

Please also ensure that you have enabled "Show hidden & system files" upon your PC.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.