Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 520 / 720 and Nokia HERE Drive(+)

Advisor
Tommythecat
Accepted Solution

Lumia 520 / 720 and Nokia HERE Drive(+)

[ Edited ]

The Lumia product managers informed that the Lumia 520 and 720 currently will come only with Nokia HERE Drive, not HERE Drive+. Meaning that they will come with regional turn by turn navigation only. You can still download the offline maps and plan routes etc. but turn by turn navigation will only work for the region the device comes from (or better: where your sim-card is registered to).

A certain 'HERE maps guru' suggests that when HERE Drive/HERE Drive+ will get out of beta, it will be possible to upgrade from HERE Drive to HERE Drive+.

Firstly I would like to ask official confirmation from Nokia. Secondly - when this information is right - I have some additional questions:

1. Does this restriction apply to all midrange and budget devices? Or even all devices?

2. What will be the cost of the app-update to get HERE Drive+?

Sources and more info:

http://mynokiablog.com/2013/03/09/nokia-lumia-720-520-qa-with-product-managers/

http://mynokiablog.com/2013/03/11/here-drive-here-drive-differences-explained/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Lumia 520 / 720 and Nokia HERE Drive(+)

Nokia Support Discussions is a user to user platform, asking a direct response from Nokia is not of much use.

That said, My 620 Had drive installed by defaullt, but I could get the beta of Here drive + just fine. This will probably be much like Nokia Music where the + version will offer more features.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

When we here it from nokia then we believe it not when somebody else posts on a whim..Until then i will wait until NOKIA tell me.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RahulRocks

I am not able to reinstall Nokia Here Drive Beta + on my lumia 520.

Is there any workaround for it. Its very useful app and need it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Why did you uninstall it ? What happens when you try to reinstall ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheRooster

Rahul,

Unfortunately, you can not have Drive+ on your 520. You can have Drive, but you can't install it, you are going to have to restore your phone. Hard reset. Do it from the settings menu. Sorry to have to break the bad news to you, mate.

On the bright side, Here Maps now has a compass so you know exactly which way you're facing and what's around you. It's incredible. I'm about to create a post praising Nokia for this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
XaviB

Hi RahulRocks

I had similar issue. I was able to reinstall the application without restoring the phone through the Windows Phone Store (through the website, not through the app on the phone). There's a list of the app's you have/had on your phone and there's a button to reinstall it. Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Technischer Experte
UfukA

Hey RahulRocks,

like TheRooster said, at the moment there is no way to install "Here Drive+" on your Lumia 520. If you want to reinstall "Here Drive" please try this link:

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=4da9332c-80dc-464b-b47f-664b1ffe5400

Regards,

Ufuk

KaustubhMaurya

Thanks a lot..

this really worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adnuf

Thank you UfukA! Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Duane75

I went to your link but still get no option to install. Says its not valid in my country
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Duane75

Still no option to install??????? Im lost now
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

As previously answered on this forum hundreds of times in the last few days, an update for Here Drive + was released a recently. Unfortunately there was a problem with the update and it has been temporarily pulled pending a fix. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mkragavan

i bought lumia 520 recently. the here drive application is not opening and it is directing me to the app store. in the app store it is mentioned that it is not avaiable for your device. 

But in all the websites including Nokia and Microsoft they have mentioned the 520 phone supports the here drive application. Please give me a solution to resolve the problem

Please use plain text.
Contributor
schnuppi1995

I just wonder how many customers Nokia lost with this stupid decision with Here Drive for 720 & 520.
That must have been an enemy of Nokia.
RIP Nokia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

schnuppi1995 wrote:
I just wonder how many customers Nokia lost with this stupid decision with Here Drive for 720 & 520.

Presumably referring to HERE Drive+ Global Navigation upgrade for €15.49?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DriveMeInsane

Finally managed to download Drive from Store (previously said "not available for your model) for my 520 and maps for Australia and Provence - sounds good ?  Now turns out according to Nokia Support, that when not internet connected it only gives route info if you have searched the destinations while online and stored them in Drive Favourites.  Therefore next to useless as a GPS - unless you always know where you wanted to go before getting in your car and bothered to connect to internet and pre-load the destination.  Nokia has made great fanfare about the offline GPS capability of Lumia but do they really think this functionality is acceptable ?  If thinking of a Lumia for GPS, don't bother.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Are you using Drive or Drive+ ?

I have not used the latest version of Drive but with Drive+ you can certainly search and navigate offline as long as you pre-downloaded the map data beforehand. 

The 520 originally shipped with Here Drive only although Drive+ is now available as a paid update. Most other WP8 Lumia models shipped with Drive+. 

It is wrong to make sweeping statements about all Lumia phones without first checking. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mrzreba

I found this post looking for an information on global maps for Lumia 520.

Don't put a blame on customers for the lack of transparency from Nokia. The fact that maps are restricted on this specific model should be clearly stated (maybe on boxes or re-sellers should inform about this). I bought the 520 being a quite happy owner of 820 as a lighter version of 820 and wasn't aware of the lack of global mapping.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It is actually very clearly stated that the Lumia 520 and 720 are shipped with Here Drive rather than Here Drive+, which also accounts for the lower pricing of these 2 models compared to similar models. The option is there to either purchase a model that is shipped with Here Drive+ or to upgrade after purchase. 

The fact that the customer does not read the specification properly is not the fault of the manufacturer. 

Please use plain text.