Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 920 - Maps not showing traffic info

Advisor
WillJames

I have the same version stated above, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it is working correctly.  If I toggle between Nokia Maps Traffic and the Map that pops up when I select Map Home Address from a People/Contact Profile, I see green but no green in Nokia Maps Traffic.  I also noticed that Yellow doesn't appear in the Nokia Maps Traffic but it does appear when go through Map Home Address from a People/Contact Profile.  Its almost like Nokia Maps Traffic is only showing us Orange and Red when it can and not on many surface streets.  Parts of Peachtree Road work but an entire section of Peachtree in Midtown Atlanta doesn't work.  Surely AT&T can provide the same data to Nokia as it does Google for traffic.  Not sure why different versions of Maps are show more Traffic than others.  Surely this is fixable.

mohak

I have the Nokia 810 running version Nokia Maps version 2.9.39.70. having the issue. I see only the orange - construction on the interstate.  Gosh, the phone is decent.   i just want the darn map to work right, a critcal app really. Nokia Support Folks, any tips ?

mohak

And so.. I got the update for the maps (v 3.0.113.8) for Nokia 810.  Now - the app shows Red & Orange and construction icons on Nokia Maps.

INRIX app seems better (at least for traffic) it shows the green and is instant !

Advisor
WillJames

So will Nokia fix this problem?  its really sad how they say this phone is a game changer, but they are ignoring one of the main reasons people buy a smart phone, traffic.  Google Maps works like a champ, so if you can't fix the traffic don't expect to own even 5% of the marketshare in this space. 

Advisor
WillJames

knowing traffic is red on the Interstate is useless if you can't get off the highway and navigate around surface street traffic.  without being able to see green or yellow on surface streets then why get off the interstate if you have no idea what your getting yourself into.  Also, why is Peachtree Street in Atlanta, GA sporadic coverage.  There are sections of Midtown where nothing shows, but then a section of green, but then parts of 14th Street work but othersdon't.  This phone clearly has the ability to cover 100% of Peachtree St or 14th or Piedmont, but its sporadic, so why can't Nokia just fix it.  Its ridiculous.  Nokia Maps traffic shows no surface street but only orange and red on interstates, but then if you punch "Map this Address" from you People app then all colors appear but only sporadicaly on surface streets.  One app is partially there and the other is for the most part not there.  Come on, fix it.  Except for this, i love this phone otherwise.  At 32 G phone for $100, or iPhone 32G is $300.  Its a no brainer, but fix the traffic please.

Advisor
WillJames

Come on Nokia fix the Traffic and Maps.  Apple has now replaced its failed version with Google Maps, maybe Nokia should consider the same.  No actually Nokia must fix this in order to compete.  Otherwise this will be last WP to hit the market.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/california/google-maps-return-to-iphone-with-new-mobile-app/nTTqd/