Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Map of republic of Georgia

Registered Member

Map of republic of Georgia

I am from republic of Georgia and whanted to check how works GPS on my N900, but when I downloaded map from nokia it was very general not detailed whithout rouds and so on.

How can I use another map (like a map of marble or use garmins map which is allready developed by our local company)?

Is it possible to upload somewhere theese maps for using it by other persons?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angelrico101

Re: Map of republic of Georgia

Hi,

I beleive the Map data for N900 is still being processed by Nokia. What I could advise though is to try installing Map Loader on your PC and transfer the Map of Georgia from there. I cannot guarantee though that it has a detailed map since N900 is fairly new and unlike other Nokia phones it runs in Maemo Operating System. You could download the Map Loader application from Http://maps.nokia.com.

Your Nokia Angel in disguise
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dchanturia

Good day I would like to know, then in my Nokia C5-03 bought with OVI map support and GPS, I can use navigation in GEORGIA RESPUBLIC. Pls try to reply with status of georgian republic map at the movement, and then the map will be finished and available for download. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@dchanturia

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately Georgia is currently non-navigable:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swhnld

I just checked, for my N8, no downloadable maps of Georgia availble, but in the online version the maps are there. I am planning a holiday there, so would like the maps available.

Please use plain text.