Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps 3.06 India map vanishing???

Advisor
p4ul

Maps 3.06 India map vanishing???

Hi, I have 5800xm and downloaded all world maps 3.06, but India map keeps vanishing, I have downloaded it 3 times now. I download it via USB PC suite mode, it tells me download complete and in the list of countries it shows the green tick mark and "on device"...Next time I connect to nokia ovi suite India has the download icon showing.???

Also missing the "more" icon on the maps menu page???

Phone, maps and ovi suite all have latest versions installed

please help :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Think its an issue with the latest Maps update. Though INDIA Maps data is not showing as already installed... just check the actual maps and most probably you will be able to see the Street level maps... I am also facing the same issue. Only difference, I just have maps for India and the UAE... Whereas UAE is shown as installed, India isn't...

As for the MORE icon, set your Maps to 'ONLINE' and open the Maps for a few seconds and then see if its visible. Not sure if this will solve the issue though...BTW was it there earlier and recently vanished ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

For 'More' icon...refer to aspergerguy 's post here ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
p4ul

Switching to Online mode I got back the "More" icon..kudos for that

India map is on the phone, but everytime I connect to Nokia  Ovi Suite all maps are on the device except for India.

For some reason it seems to delete it when I connect to suite. Strange

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I get the India map not installed syndrome as well. Sigh.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mustan111

Same here., had it on my old e52 with map v3.04 till last week and have it on my new E6 right now with map v3.06.

It is irritating..

Also the routing is messed up. It does not show me the route home from the main road which is only 118 meters from my house but rather takes me through an assortment of bylanes which extend the route by more that 2.5 kms.

As of yet i have only noticed this issue in the latest version of maps and only for the route to my house. Anyone else notice a similar bug?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The map says India is 322MB download using Ovi but 773MB using phone updater?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

cursor wrote:

The map says India is 322MB download using Ovi but 773MB using phone updater?

Are you sure ? or is it the Free space required ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes, double checked.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

It showed me 321 MB and space required as 773 MB..

Are you looking at the stage as shown in the attachment? If so go to the NEXT step and check...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes you're right. Went to the library for their Wi-Fi but it would have taken about a day to download on their connection. Tried with my normal T-Mobile internet but got 'Connection failed'!

Looks like I'm not going to get a map for India any way.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you are refering to the T-mobile connection on your Phone.. thei I think its NOT possible anyways.. Only way to do that is thru' OVI Suite or thru' WiFi..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
p4ul

Still cant get India map to remain on the phone, have tried ovi suite and wifi download method, both work perfectly and map is on the phone, but when I connect again to ovi suite, its like I never downloaded it. All other countries are fine, just India that I have a problem with.

Anyone got any idea what might be causing it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

p4ul wrote:

Still cant get India map to remain on the phone, have tried ovi suite and wifi download method, both work perfectly and map is on the phone, but when I connect again to ovi suite, its like I never downloaded it. All other countries are fine, just India that I have a problem with.

Anyone got any idea what might be causing it?

Confused with your post.. The map vanishes from the phone or only from the list ? For me it only vanishes from the list of installed maps.. but the Street level maps are very much there and good for navigation...(so not a big deal..)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
p4ul

@ farby, Yes thanks you already solved the "more icon" problem for me and I left you Kudos. :smileywink: . You are correct about being able to see the street level maps, even with the phone not showing India in the list of installed maps. So maybe its not worth worrying about.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
p4ul

@ farby Like you say its just not showing in the list and in ovi suite shows as a download. But I checked and can see the street maps and if you say its good for navigation, then that's good enough for me. Cheers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Same here, not so bad then. Just ignore the Ovi update/India map missing indicator on the phone's maps list. Nokia should still fix it though.

Best

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The issue of Maps missing from the 'Installed on device' list in OVI Suite and also under 'Updates' in the Maps application has been resolved with the latest maps update 00.02.44.110

Please use plain text.