Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps for Japan become useless?

Advisor

I add my voice to this. I was planning to use my E71 is a GPS and wi-fi based device in Japan, only to discover that Nokia has no maps for Japan. (Having the shape of the country and literally a few roads doesn't a map make.) What's the point? In the current version of map loaders Japan isn't even an option. Nokia, can you really assume that people have no interest in the map of the world's second largest economy?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I just noticed this application for Symbian and the Open Street Maps for Japan are very good, much better than the Nokia ones.

Monav

Craig Fryer
Editor - Japanese Lifestyle
www.japaneselifestyle.com.au
Please use plain text.
Sage
ovikovi

craig_fryer wrote:

I just noticed this application for Symbian and the Open Street Maps for Japan are very good, much better than the Nokia ones.

Monav

You have to compile the source code yourself?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichdostres

Oh dear it is true I just checked the ovi maps for Japan and they suck!!! :smileyfrustrated: :smileyfrustrated: :smileyfrustrated: :smileyfrustrated: what is wrong with nokia D:

I hope updates fix this...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichdostres

Well... it is the end of 2012 and the maps for Japan are still useless... Come on!

Please use plain text.
cabru

Whats wrong with Nokia? Any official news? Map for Japan in progress or we should not to wait?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

There is a newer thread with no new answer. There you go …

Aynway, I recommend to subscribe to that thread (top, left-hand side) because when the situation changes, you get notified by E-mail.

Please use plain text.