Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Maps for Macedonia

Maps for Macedonia

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir or Madam,

I just bought my new Nokia E71 mobile device, but I am not new user of Nokia mobile phones. Before I have used Nokia N95. When I bought my N95 (December 2007) I had Nokia Maps version 1.1, and in that version of Nokia Maps the maps for my country (Republic of Macedonia), especially for the capital Skopje, were perfect. Almost every street was findable and the maps worked perfect. When I install the latest firmware of my old N95 phone I got it Nokia Maps 2.0 and starting from that time everything is bad. The maps for Skopje and for whole country don't work. I can find only the main highroad (I think the name of the highroad is E-75). Now, it's same with my new mobile device E71. I have tried to install older version of Nokia Maps, but it's impossible because the newer version is installed on my device and I can't uninstall the newest version. Can somebody help with this? It will be very usefull if someone could tell me how to uninstall the preinstalled Nokia maps.

Thank you for helping.

Best regards,

Nikola Todorovski

Message Edited by celandine on 02-Feb-2009 03:35 PM
Nikola Todorovski
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Maps for Macedonia

It is not possible to uninstall Nokia Maps on the E71 because it is embeded in the firmware.

Nokia Maps V 1 used Teleatlas maps while V2 on the E71 uses Navteq maps. This accounts for the defference in map detail. In some countries like Ireland, the maps actually improved, while in others, it got worse.

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

And you are saying that it's impossible to install some good maps for Nokia E71 (ex. smart 2 go, wich I know that are same with Nokia Maps V1)? Any other solutions to try to improve maps for my mobile?

Anyway, thank you very much for your help. But if you can give me good solution it will be even better, because the GPS navigation it's useless if I can't solve the problem with the maps :smileyhappy:

Best regards,

Nikola Todorovski

Moderator note: e-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact info on the web.

Message Edited by michaels on 03-Feb-2009 10:39 PM
Nikola Todorovski
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Unfortunately, if you are in one of those areas adversely affected by the switch from TeleAtlas to Navteq, then you cannot install alternative maps at present. Until Navteq improves its coverage, your only hope is to use different sat-nav software that still uses TeleAtlas data.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the answer.

Now, my next question is if someone knows some sat-nav software that uses TeleAtlas data for Nokia E71. It will help me very much.

'regards,

Nikola Todorovski

Moderator Note: Email address removed

Message Edited by prodigy on 04-Feb-2009 03:21 AM
Nikola Todorovski
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Nikola, I can help you solve your problem. I had the same problem when switching from maps 1.0 to maps 2.0 . The problem is that navteq is used in maps 2 and TeleAtlas is used in Maps 1, I solved the problem by copying the City folder from a mobile phone using Maps 1.0 to the phone using maps 2.0 . I should mention that you should delete the CITY folder on the phone with the maps 2.0 instaled and then just simply paste the City folder there. I havent tried this on Maps 3.0. If you like I can send you the City folder with the Macedonian map, just e-mail me on

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to post your email on a public forum.

Message Edited by concordia on 13-Aug-2009 10:54 AM
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

d_dimov16
I have the same problem with no details on the map for macedonia and skopje on my e66, so please if you can send me the "version 1.0" maps archive if you can.

thank you in advance,

regards

saso sandulovski 

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to publish such personal information on a public forum.

Message Edited by concordia on 21-Sep-2009 11:44 AM
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
concordia

[ Edited ]

Greetings from your friendly neighbourhood moderator.

This topic continues to draw users who post their personal email address openly. Please note that this is NOT ALLOWED.

Do not post your email address.

The reason it is not allowed is to protect your privacy. This is a public support forum, viewable by any interested party, including email spam bots and potentially malicious individuals.

If you feel it is absolutely necessary, you can send a Private Message (PM) to the user to share this information.

Regards,

Concordia

Message Edited by concordia on 21-Sep-2009 11:53 AM

~*~ New to Nokia Support Discussions? ~*~

You may want to have a look at the guidelines!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hiya ,

I have same problem with nokia maps . Can't install v1.0 but working with other nav system .

The point is that I have tryed many nav systems on my nokia and dicovered that only capitals are well covered.

Macedonia has only main roads name of cityes . Same in Bulgaria Sofia map is very good but sea side .

Try Ndrive

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dimitardk

[ Edited ]

i'm using nokia e52 and i have the same problem with maps. please send me macedonia maps

Thanks in advance

Removed personal details, it is unwise to publish it publicly on this forum. PM sent to user.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

maps. please send me macedonia maps

Who is going to send you maps   . This is a user forum not Nokia .

READ POST ABOVE IN BLUE

Two it would be a very good idea to check via Maps Loader for the latest maps  .

Europe >   The former Yugoslav  republic of macedonia  is listed  .

If you dont like what is on the maps contact the Ovi Maps team  with your input .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

If you want to download map for Macedonia, just download the 'Greece' map through Nokia Map Loader.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DDimitar

You know phonehacker, it's very bad to involve political views here, and if you continue to do so I will be forced to contact the Nokia Forum Administrators and probably have you removed. So please stay away with the politics and discuss about the topic if you want to say something. Leave the politics for the politicians

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Macedonia still doesnt have complete Maps support.

Note that the online ovi maps at maps.ovi.com is updated faster than the maps for the phone, and for Skopje (well its the first city that I could recognize when I typed Macedonia on the searchbox), the only roads I see are Bulevar Kocho Racin, Mosha Pijade, Bulevar Dame Gruev and Bulevar Goce Delchev. Also Bulevar Nikola Karev can be seen. Apart from those, no other streets in Skopje.

This lack of support may be the reason why Macedonian Maps still havent been released.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

chanchan05 wrote:
Macedonia still doesnt have complete Maps support.

Note that the online ovi maps at maps.ovi.com is updated faster than the maps for the phone, and for Skopje (well its the first city that I could recognize when I typed Macedonia on the searchbox), the only roads I see are Bulevar Kocho Racin, Mosha Pijade, Bulevar Dame Gruev and Bulevar Goce Delchev. Also Bulevar Nikola Karev can be seen. Apart from those, no other streets in Skopje.

This lack of support may be the reason why Macedonian Maps still havent been released.

Well, for me when i hear "Macedonia" the first thing(county) i could recognize is Greece:smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, if you are talking about Skopje, then there are no available maps for it. Also i think that this has been already mentioned on another topic...

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mkdavor

Hey guys, use TomTom for S60 3rd or Garmin for S60 5th. Ask for installation files and help on forum. gsm. mk under the GPS tab.

Even though Ovi Maps is better, we are forced to used other 3rd party software where maps of Macedonia as available.

Pozdrav :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Navigation

Maps for Macedonia

Now Macedonia maps is better, have a more streets, locations and more, i personaly use a nokia OVI maps 3.0 and is GOOOOOOOD!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Navigation wrote:

Now Macedonia maps is better, have a more streets, locations and more, i personaly use a nokia OVI maps 3.0 and is GOOD!

Whilst you are correct that situation has improved in map set 00.01.25.114 as per screenshot

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please be aware that currently in map set 00.02.41.123 for use with OVI Maps v3.06 pre-release it has reverted to earlier lack of detail as here: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
reksorator

where i can find full maps for macedonia and skopje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

reksorator wrote:

where i can find full maps for macedonia and skopje

As you don't say which device you are using I can't tell you whether OVI Suite > Maps installed on PC will deliver 00.01.25.114 for OVI Maps v3.04 or 00.02.41.123 for OVI Maps v3.06 as illustrated in post above yours

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.