Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps in Georgia

irakli9

Is Nokia going to make maps for Georgia? And when?

I also asked it few years ago on local Nokia forum and they told me that the making of the maps was already started, but Google started and ended making maps earlier than Nokia. What's going on?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums Irakli9.

It was decided to remove all countries from the download list in Nokia Suite that have only very poor coverage such as Georgia.

The reason for this is, that Nokia doesn't want to confuse the users by giving the impression that these are fully navigable countries.

Therefore, only countries which are navigable are listed for street map download in Nokia Suite. This affects Maps 3.04 and Maps 3.06 and later Maps versions.

The existing map data for these countries is still available via OTA download directly from the Maps application.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vitmas

Accuracy is OK for me so I would like to have Georgia map on my Nokia phone E52 (Nokia maps 3.04). I tried to replace Nokia maps application with older version 3.03, but still cannot see Georgia in maps list in Nokia Suite. How can I install Georgia (Asia) map?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]
  1. Nokia » Menu » Maps » Options » Settings » Internet » Connection » Online
  2. navigate to your desired country

Your Nokia phone downloads the available map data over-the-air (OTA). Did that help?

Please use plain text.