Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps suite updated (for Belle)

Professor
andy3196

Maps suite updated (for Belle)

[ Edited ]

Maps suite has been updated in Nokia store, from 3.0.95 to 3.9.95, in the last few hours. Hopefully this will solve the problems that lots of people have been reporting. I think I'll be sticking with the beta for a while

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Widget74

i got an problem

just update to 3.9.95 but even when i start nokia store from phone it say me that there is an update for maps !?!?!?!

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

Widget74 wrote:

i got an problem

just update to 3.9.95 but even when i start nokia store from phone it say me that there is an update for maps !?!?!?!

I think I can explain this. I had my phone connected to Nokia Suite and got notified of the update there as well but with a version number of 3.9.4, so my guess is that thisis the correct version number but when it looks at version numbers the store app sees it as an earlier version.

Having decided to install it, it still has the problem of not listing components in installed files or allowing deletion through the menu.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Andy, you wrote "Maps suite has been updated in Nokia store, from 3.0.95 to 3.9.95....."

How and where do we see what version we are using?

According to my phone, under "versions", it says I have:

v3.09 12wk09 b05

MW OpenGL MN

Map version 0.2.45.110

Would it be correct to say that I'm running version 3.09 which has since been updated as version 3.0.95, and is now 3.9.95?

The numbers aren't written in the same format, so I must be missing something.  If indeed there is a newer release, where do I go to download it?

Maybe the explanation is that I'm using a version that came from one of Nokia's download areas - maybe it isn't the same as what people download from Nokia Beta Labs?

Any suggestions on how to get the latest and "best" software?

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

Mike_Myers_N8 wrote:

Andy, you wrote "Maps suite has been updated in Nokia store, from 3.0.95 to 3.9.95....."

That is the version number being shown in Nokia Store on the phone, but as I mentioned above it seems to be wrong as it's different in Nokia Suite. The version numbers shown within maps are unchanged at v3.09.... . I think that the 3.0.95 etc are the version number of the installer app which gets all of the other components. As the update is probably 3.9.4, the on phone store continues to say an update is available but suite sees the phone as up to date.

I have installed it and had a quick look around, and haven't found any changes in how the apps work, and it is still impossible to uninstall components.

I think it was a mistake for me to have updated.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Manel_01

I have the same problem to for my N8 with Belle. I think is Maps & Drive apps, I deleted all releated files & Maps, Public Transport, Wather & Guides are updated for now, but Drive has a bug or something. I tried to install all 13 3.08 Maps file by file, but with Drive I can't.

Now I don't have Drive app, and this update error is common on this version, only read the Store's commentaries today.

I don't whant reinstall all again and I hope Nokia has a solution early: We need with new version to write on ALL old files for a good instalation.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Widget74 wrote:

i got an problem

Same for me, downloaded the update from Nokia store, next day offered the update again, this just keeps going around in a loop so definitely requires fixing ASAP.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
sucram50

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. 

I have wondered does it require an uninstall?

Nokia Suite doesnt suggest an update but the store on the phone does 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

[ Edited ]

sucram50 wrote:

I have the same problem. 

I have wondered does it require an uninstall?

Nokia Suite doesnt suggest an update but the store on the phone does 

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any option to uninstall either via installed apps or via long press on each application which is strange.

Yes I too found the update on the Nokia store rather than ota or Nokia suite, I wonder whether that is the cause of the problem & that we should've waited 'til it was available that way.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Advisor
miladkos2

There seems to be something very wrong with this update. Namely, I was using the latest version from beta labs and I updated when it was available from Nokia store. After that it kept reminding that there is an update all the time...that’s the least of problems, after the update the phone froze 2 times ( I can lock and unlock but the screen is unresponsive) in couple of days which I never experienced before on my N8 going from PR 1.1 all the way to Belle, lots of apps, hacked phone etc...and it started lagging when switching between the homescreens :smileymad: 

Fortunately I kept the latest  Beta maps .sis  file,  reinstalled it and the lag is gone and it seems that beta version is taking 300 kb less space on C drive, I might be wrong on this one, and it is possible to uninstall.

I have attached the file if any of you want to go back.

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

With this latest Maps Suite, does it has this funciton:

Photo Gallery/Option/Show on map?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Last night, I upgraded my Nokia Maps 3.08 to this Maps Suite 2.0 and surprisingly, it only took up about <9MB of my C memory. This morning, the phone gave back to me 5MB so it seems to be only 4MB more than 3.08.

Now I have a question on geo-tagged photo displaying on Maps. Sometime it's there but sometime it isn't. The setting are the same with 'photo' enabled. How come?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'd like to add to all the comments about this update - I've gone from a phone I love that had excellent battery life and was very reliable to a flakey phone that now lasts about half a day and crashes most days.  I suspect this is mainly due to the lack of free memory.  I have almost nothing installed on the main memory as I put it on the other drives by default.

I would love Nokia to

• provide a way to completely uninstall v3.09 to free up the memory - I can see the files with Nokia PC Suite 7.1.62.1 but they won't uninstall
  • with the revised version allow the chance to install it on other drives
  • Make the weather and public tranpsort elements optional, as they hog memory and the transport widget only relates to a few cities.

Thank you - I'd like my phone back please!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have found a work around for now, not ideal but free up memory and runs more smoothly

Backup you phone, just in case

Set your settings in Nokia Store to make sure you install onto a drive other than C; drive - on your phone click on the person silhouette and then scroll down to installation preferences.

On you PC go to Maps 2.0 http://store.ovi.com/content/265481?clickSource=browse&categoryId=15&contentArea=applications&pos=1

It won't let you download but will send you the link by SMS.  It might work direct from your phone but his worked for me.

Install the app and the memory frees up.  You wil then gets prompt to update to V3 but I'm leaving that for now!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

bigbrownelk wrote:

I would love Nokia to

• Make the weather and public tranpsort elements optional, as they hog memory and the transport widget only relates to a few cities.

Apparently "Public transport" element can be removed if this post is to be believed:/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Uninstall-Public-Transport-and-Maps-Suite/m-p/1376969/highlight/...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

[ Edited ]

optiplex330 wrote:

Now I have a question on geo-tagged photo displaying on Maps. Sometime it's there but sometime it isn't. The setting are the same with 'photo' enabled. How come?

On my N8 the latest Maps suite also has issues with photo geo-tags.

Observations so far:

* The location info in Gallery is lost on many pictures - it's in the .jpg file but not displayed from the Gallery info - and only pictures with location info shown in Gallery are shown in Maps.

* The media indexer/thumbnail creator runs for about 10-15 minutes some time after use of Maps, which to me suggests a complete re-indexing of the few hundred pictures I keep on the phone at the moment.

* After use of Maps with Show pictures enabled (and possibly the re-indexing) pictures are removed from my custom Albums in Gallery (portraits, nature, buildings etc.)

* I can easily provoke a reboot of the phone when clicking random pictures on the map.

Pictures are stored on mmc F:

Phone is N8-00 with the Danish Belle and all updates

A few suggestions for the Maps team:

Show the picture location as an icon on the map, just like gas stations and other POI - It scales poorly when using thumbnail pictures.

An option the other way round, with a "Show on map" from Gallery would be welcome.

Small bug: A picture on a favorite spot is under the star and cannot be selected.

Public Transport in Denmark works very well thanks to the online data from rejseplanen.dk :smileyhappy:

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

@hpholm

Thanks for that. My E6-00, with Danish Belle and all updates, hasn't crashed yet in Maps - in fact it's only ever done so at all once since Belle came out in February. Perhaps I should test it more rigorously in Maps with my photos. My photos (activated in the 'cogwheel' setings as Your photos) were all over the place after activation - most of them are pre-E6 and tagged with 3rd party s/w on my E72, but after a few minutes they were all spot on.

I beg to differ re. Rejseplanen, which Maps doesn't seem to exploit fully, making for some pretty crazy roundabout trips - I will gladly go into detail but don't want to bore folks socks off here!

Maps needs to gear itself better to reality on the ground. Nokia should hire local expertise and listen to users if Maps is really going to be good.

Hugh

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

hpholm wrote:

An option the other way round, with a "Show on map" from Gallery would be welcome.

--

Hans

On old Nokia E52, that option was available and I really misses that.

After my installation of Maps Suite 2.0, I have 90+MB on phone memory and stayed that way for several days. Today, my memory suddenly dropped to 70+MB for no reason.

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

@hughm_nyksj_dk:

The Maps Suite is stable enough for everyday use, though I've seen both the compass off and on error and the screen brightness error, and I have the repeated update error when visiting Nokia Store.

To provoke a reboot of my N8-00:

Open Maps

Set Maps to view Your photos

Select a random picture on the map

Tap to open the picture

Double-tap the picture to zoom

- here the N8 struggle to show a clear version of the picture. It remains a zoomed-in and blurred version of the low-res picture for a long time, or the phone reboots. I may have to tap through and zoom some pictures, but it will reboot within a couple of minutes.

After the reboot the Album tags in the pictures are lost, and Maps may display other pictures than it did the first time.

The same pictures viewed from Files or from Gallery on the phone, while Maps is running in the background, works normal and produce a clear version of the pictures within a couple of seconds when zooming in.

I wonder if this is common behavior, or if I should refurbish and reformat the poor thing?

The phone is otherwise stable after the Anna to Belle upgrade through Suite 3.3.89

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

I have problem a bit similar to yours. I went back to OVI store using N8. It allows me to reinstall Maps Suite 2.0 and that is what I did and the problem reduces.
Please use plain text.