Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps update delayed?

Advisor

Huh....

Now people have started looking for the update as maps.nokia.com is showing Parks have turned Green now.. And its been long since we have not got any update..

Update is there on site then why not Phone?.. Navteq has just released the new Map for Garmin Nuvi and the version is 2012.30 NT and the India map is very much updated.. Why not phone?..

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi Nitinule,

As has been stated previously in this thread, and as Aspergerguy put it best in the post above yours, support for the Symbian platform is winding down. Therefore we may see map data updates, or we may not, but I don't hold very high hope that we will see any more updates.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

[ Edited ]

The response from Nokia is indicated in message 15 of this topic, but who knows?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Probably we are done with the updates. So my last symbian phone will be c7 and i will sell it soon.
Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

[ Edited ]

Besides the mobile maps database being out of date, the online version of Nokia Maps also needs and update! See the example below.

Since last July, Lisbon airport has a subway station. That information is omitted on Nokia Maps (both mobile and online versions). The Red Line's final station, which until June was the "Parque das Nações" station, now is the Airport station. The trip from the airport to Lisbon downtown takes just about 25 minutes.

Google Maps shows the Red Line's three new subway stations: http://goo.gl/maps/7z50E

Nokia Maps still ignores the three new Lisbon Red Line's stations: 

http://maps.nokia.com/38.7419942,-9.1113784,13,0,0,public%20transit%20map.day

That's an important piece of nformation missing on Nokia Maps online version (and also on the mobile version), since the Lisbon subway has now a station at the airport. 

I couldn't verify that on Navteq's website, since it doesn't have anymore a public online version of the maps.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
varfolomey

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Curser

Any update on the maps update?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Curser wrote:

Any update on the maps update?

No there isn't but Lumia 920 using map 8.0.47.123 for what it is worth, where presumably 8.0 refers to Windows Phone 8 but perhaps not.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor

At last Nokia provided an update for Nokia Maps 3.01 data up to the version 0.1.29.100. Unfortnately offline maps still remain much more obsolete than theirs online counterparts :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Maps version 00.01.29.100 for Ovi Maps v3.01, 3.03 & 3.04 available via Nokia Suite:

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

why can't someone from Nokia respond to this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

jake20 wrote:

Respond to what, that 00.01.29.100 update promised in May 2012 has now materialised six months later?http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/In-which-countries-can-I-use-navigation-with...

Please use plain text.
Sage
jake20

[ Edited ]

aspergerguy wrote:

jake20 wrote:

Respond to what, that 00.01.29.100 update promised in May 2012 has now materialised six months later?http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/In-which-countries-can-I-use-navigation-with...

Not sure what you are talking about.. the last map update I have on my 808 is from April 2012..

When i check map loader, i get NO NEW updates.

Where is the new update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia Maps application for 808 usually uses another maps data with its own version numbering.
Current update apparently does not cover it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

looo wrote:
Nokia Maps application for 808 usually uses another maps data with its own version numbering.
Current update apparently does not cover it.

Nokia Maps v3.06 & later use 00.02.46.103 which was released in May 2012 as scheduled.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
varfolomey

Should we expect new map data for 3.9 maps app?

Any reply from Nokia staff please!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dradel

Nokia 700:

Map version: 00.02.46.103.

Release date: 30.04.2012.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
varfolomey

New map data is out!

Version 00.02.47.103

Much more detailed, I would say it`s as good as on here.net site (might be even the same)

Huge improvement from 00.02.46.103

Well done Nokia!!! 

Symbian FTW

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dradel

Thanks for that. Sadly, it appears that maps changes/corrections that I reported in June, July and September to Navteq never made it in to these new maps (or even the here.com website).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

varfolomey wrote:

New map data is out!

Version 00.02.47.103

Please use plain text.