Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N73 & Bluetooth GPS Receiver connectivity

Sage
vnt2

has anyone got bluetooth connected to QSTARZ Q818 GPS working?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

just tried to update my firmware and it says ive got the latest version .........my version is 4.0726.2.0.1 but people are saying there is a newer version that fixes gps problem why is nsu saying this
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same for me, my firmware is 4.0726.2.0.1 and software updater says I have the latest available.

I have the Bluetooth GPS problem when using Sports Tracker. I have 2 x bluetooth GPS units, and both used to work fine, now only one of them works with Sports Tracker, but both work with TomTom.
Please use plain text.
bentwings

4.0735.3.0.2 may be for Europe and not suitable for downunder models.

11-Oct-200704:14 PM
stuartyates748 wrote:
just tried to update my firmware and it says ive got the latest version .........my version is 4.0726.2.0.1 but people are saying there is a newer version that fixes gps problem why is nsu saying this

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yeah, but I'm in England, and that's never been regarded as down-under as far as I'm aware :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

To be honest, I'm reluctant to do that, since the phone is provided for me by the company I work for. I'm happy about applying the updates using the Nokia software updater, but that's about it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same for me, my firmware is 4.0726.2.0.1 and software updater says I have the latest available.

Where can I find the latest firmware update?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've just upgraded to v4.0726.2.0.1, using TomTom v6.020 & a HOLOX BT-541 GPS receiver.. works a treat!!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
geronimo

Hi everyone, Kindly note that discussions on changing the "Product Code" of your device is strongly discouraged as it could cause adverse effects to your device whilst voiding the warranty as well Regards

Please use plain text.

Thanks for removing my post Geronimo,

I agree people should think carefully regarding changing the product code I only mentioned this as Nokia were unhelpfull in getting my phone to function fully.

I did mention in the post that it was could kill the phone. Maybe you could get the firmware update made available to everybody. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
geronimo

Hi leaperk,

Software upgrades via NSU are made available in stages. Certain product codes might be released at later dates. If a particular version is required urgently, you may try at your local Nokia Care or perhaps provide feedback via the "Contact Us" tab on our web site in order for it to be highlighted via the designated channels.

Regards,
Please use plain text.

I have tried to use the "Contact us" but never got any useful help or any idea when the update would be made available, I contacted nokia in october and I have waited 2 months without any luck :smileysad: , also if you read the threads it is a common problem, with what seems like a poor service or responce from nokia.

In the end I resorted to an un-approved method of getting the updated which worked for me :smileyhappy:, instead of going out and changing the phone as quite a few people are considering when you read the threads.
Please use plain text.

hi, my GPS receiver was working perfectly with my TT application until i upgraded the firmware to version v4.0726.2.0.1
since, it will not connect to the GPS receiver when running the TomTom Application... as stated on other comments in the forum....
have you worked out a way of getting round this problem - without buying a new version 2 GPS receiver ?

:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

also i have heard that new firmware has been released to fix the problem - but the nokia software updater states that there are no new updates ??????
:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:
Please use plain text.