Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N810 and Wayfinder GPS

Registered Member

N810 and Wayfinder GPS

Hi, I am trying to upgrade Maps to Wayfinder Navigator, both on my N810 and on my PC, and neither works.  Wayfinder's website is horrible, each time I try to buy something it returns me to the main shop page.  I want to upgrade, but I can't, does anyone have any solutions?  I've tried contacting Wayfinder through support twice and I haven't received any replies.

When I try to upgrade through my N810, it says that there is no purchasable software available for my version of Maps (which is completely up to date).

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance, sorry if I sound desperate, but I am.  I actually want to pay for a 12 or 36 month upgrade but CAN'T because of this.

-Ron

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: N810 and Wayfinder GPS

I have the same problem. I have contacted Wayfinder and received that answer:

"Unfortunately we have now ended the sale for the Wayfinder Navigator for Internet Tablet-product."

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

If indeed this is the case that Wayfinder is not supporting the N810 any longer then i fully regret buying the device, since the GPS portion was a major part of the deal for me. If any body has suggestions PLEASE post it here.

Best regards

Sam:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Wayfinder Navigator for NIT is in Wayfinder's shop again! **bleep**?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yep it's back up again. Just purchaced the licence key this morning without any issues
Thanks everybody.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gerryab

It looks as though things have changed again! When I tried to purchase a license I received the message, "There are no purchasable options for your version of Wayfinder Navigator".

When I tried the Wayfinder support site, they told me, "The product 'Wayfinder Navigator for Internet Tablet' has been discontinued meaning that it is no longer possible to purchase navigation licenses for the application."

Does anyone know if there is an alternative?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NeoAurora

I made my decision to purchase the Nokia N810 based on the GPS navigation ability provided by Wayfinder.

This was not an inexpensive device. My money would have been spent much better elsewhere. I understand that things don't always work out the way we hope. That's for me or for Nokia. My criticism of Nokia at this point is how they seem to be treating this as a non-issue and that they have no responsibility. They should, in my opinion, be doing everything they can to help the people who bought their device to get useable software.

I will be treating Nokia as a non-issue until they do.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

NeoAurora wrote:

My criticism of Nokia at this point is how they seem to be treating this as a non-issue and that they have no responsibility. They should, in my opinion, be doing everything they can to help the people who bought their device to get useable software.

I will be treating Nokia as a non-issue until they do.

Isn't Wayfinder a third-party product? If they have decided not to support Nokia anymore, what can Nokia do? Really?

Why are you complaining to Nokia anyway, shouldn't you target your complaints to Wayfinder instead?

Please use plain text.
spavol

Isn't Wayfinder a third-party product?

Yes and no. The availability of the navigation service on N810 was one of the key features of the device from *Nokia* and was strongly promoted by *Nokia*. Please note that the official specifications of Nokia N810, directly from Nokia webpage, say:
 * Premium services available on purchase including Wayfinder navigation.
(http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-n810/specifications)

Clearly, Nokia has committed itself to provide the navigation service as this service was and still is officially specified by Nokia as the feature of the device. It is absolutely irrelevant whether the service is provided by Nokia directly or by a different provider, as long as it exists. Clearly, the fact that Nokia has chosen to provide the service through a different provider does not discharge its obligations.

If they have decided not to support Nokia anymore, what can Nokia do? Really?

If you sign contract for a service (irrelevant whether to be used by yourself or by your customers) and don't get it what do you do? Really?

There are only two possibilities:

1.The contract between Nokia and Wayfinder did not guarantee the Wayfinder service to N810 customers for at least a reasonable period of time (I could not even use the service while my N810 was less than 1 year old and still in warranty!).

2. The contract did guarantee the service but Nokia did not enforce it and/or no financial compensation from breaking the contract was agreed and/or Nokia did not pass the financial compensation to its N810 customers in form of refund for the missing feature.

In either case, Nokia failed to ensure providing the service it promised to its customers or to compensate its lack.

Why are you complaining to Nokia anyway, shouldn't you target your complaints to Wayfinder instead?

No. Wayfinder provided all the service I bought from it. Who failed to provide a feature of the device (again, availability of the navigation service IS listed a feature of the device) is the manufacturer. Based on the facts above, Nokia should provide a refund of the
missing Nokia N810 device feature or offer a full refund of the device with the device
returned to Nokia.

However, my requests for refund were refused. I do not doubt that my chances to win potential trial are close to zero. However, what I can still do is to warn any Nokia customer: do not trust *any* service of Nokia that is not running directly on your device - it is likely that Nokia will shut it down at some point and you end up with a "fully-functional" device, perhaps even still in warranty, but not able to provide you the service you need by any means.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ovikovi

From their webpage at http://www.wayfinder.com/

"The Wayfinder Access software has been open sourced. Wayfinder Access customers can get more information and apply for a refund from 1 September 2010."

Please use plain text.
spavol

Unfortunately, Maemo version of Wayfinder was not open sourced.

The refund is from Wayfinder (Vodafone) for N810 subscriptions that were cancelled.

There is no refund for unavailability of the navigation service on N810 - something to blame Nokia for.

Please use plain text.