Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N95 8gb - ongoing Maps 3.01 problem

Registered Member
Retty1

N95 8gb - ongoing Maps 3.01 problem

I bought a navigation license for Nokia Maps 2. The prog worked well.

I upgraded to 3.01 and when calculating the route the programme exited.

I tried to reinstall Maps 2.0. The only way I could do this was by resetting the phone and losing all data.

When I tried to re-use Maps 2.0 I found that my license no longer worked.

Nokia has tol;d me that when I upgraded to Maps 3.01 my license was also "upgraded" and would no longer work with Maps 2.0. There is nothing they can do they told me!

I reinstalled Maps 3.01 following a reset and found the same problem - the programme exits when calculating a route with a GPS signal.

I have been without the software product I have paid for for a significant period of time now and Nokia is unable to assist me.

The problems I am having suggest a software bug. There is no problem with my reset phone and other software runs fine. It seems that other people are also having problems with Maps 3.01 on the N95 8gb.

It does not seem fair to me that I have paid for a license which I cannot use and that the software company will not allow me to revert to a previous version of the software which worked well.

It is no wonder that some people are forced to resort to piracy in circumstances like this. It really is awful customer service to rob a customer of money and not be able to provide a working version of the software that the customer has paid for.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Retty1

Presumably you are using the same SIM card throughout as license may either be tied to SIM or IMEI?

I don't know whether you have kept the original transaction Email or not and if you tried contacting Nokia as suggested by viang in answer to your last post concerning this issue?

I have reset my N95 with a v3.01 license a couple of times and by going to Options > Shop & Licenses > My Licenses > Update have always been able to retrieve it; perhaps old license needs to be manually re-assigned.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Retty1

Yes, Nokia agrees that I have bought the license and that it is tied to my IMEI - no problem there.

The problem is that when I upgraded from version 2 to version 3.01 my version 2 license was, I am told by Nokia, automatically cancelled. This means that I cannot revert to a working version 2 of Nokia Maps and I have to stick with a buggy/crashing version 3.01.

Nokia say that there is no way at all that my version 2 license can be re-activated despite the fact that I paid for a license to use with version 2. This is of course nonsense. They could easily reinstate my right to use version 2 because the license check is a server side check.

I received no warning upon upgrading that I could not revert to version 2. I cannot use version 3.01 on my phone. I have paid for a license for software that is not usable and, I read, is known to be buggy. I have reset my phone twice and lost all settings in the process including some software that could not be re-installed.

It is disgraceful customer service full stop. I have never come across a company that will not re-instate access to an earlier version of working software for a customer that is having problems using a later version.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Emy12

Hi,

It is some time since this post but i am wonder if you fix this issue. I am having the same problem as you described. I have been in contact with Nokia, I am waiting for an answer. I expect that i will get the same answer as you.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tremmal

I have exactly the same problem as you discribed. I hope they make a fix, otherwise this will be very heavy news.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tremmal

When I have no internet connection the route, calculation, can not be found. When I have internet the maps will crash during this calculation. This bug must have something to do with data for providers. When I will make a journey to Italy the program just works very well?

* Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tremmal

[ Edited ]

I have ereased all the maps, not maps 3.01, and installed the desired countries again. Now it workes fine. Clearing was difficult though.

- backup phone with PC suite

- update firmware phone

- installed maps with PC suite

- cleared maps with Nokia Maps Loader (could not do ,find, this with PC suite)

- reinstall with Nokia Map loader

Done!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tremmal

" * Please note " has something to do with firmware updates. I do not understand the policy about this.
Please use plain text.