Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 unable to update Ovi Maps

Contributor
mofoman53
Accepted Solution

N97 unable to update Ovi Maps

I'm trying to install the new Ovi Maps for the N97 however whenever I try to do it from Ovi Suite I receive and error message.  Notihing about low memory it just says error.  I've also tried OTA updates and i just receive the message that the update failed. I'm running the newest firmware and I have already uninstalled the older versions of maps.  I'm not sure what else I can do.  Any tips?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Instead of trying to update from your your phone, have you tried downloading and installing the latest version from Ovi Store on your phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

..or from Here..

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-n97/

..click on 'Download' under the Instructions ..then again Download tab..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mtumbaya123

Just posted this a little while ago on a C6-00. After uninstalling all occurrences of the Maps application from your phone's Application Manager, uninstall the following components, if you can find them: PIPS Installer Open C LIBSSL Common Then restart the phone and try to download the maps again (ovi store or from the link provided earlier). I Hope that helps. I should also add that I recommend you make a backup of your phone before trying anything. :smileyhappy: Lemme know if it works.
Life is one big road with lots of signs.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofoman53

Thanks for all the replies but I tried downloading it to my pc and transfering it over and that didn't work.  I get the message Unknown Error -5 at the end of installation.  Also when I search through Ovi Store I'm unable to find it.  So far I haven't been able to find the file or program PIPS installer open C yet.  Any tips on how to find it or where to search for in on the phone?  thanks again

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@mofoman53

For Error 5 Go to Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps and uninstall any of these present: Open C LIBSSL,Open C LIBSSL Patch, OVI Maps Wi-Fi/Network Positioning, PIPS Installer, Share Location Agent, Share Location, Share Location Widget, Standard C++ Library Common, Standard C++ Library Patch, Symbian OS Pipes Upgrade, Symbian OS PIPS Upgrade & Upgrade for OpenC LIBZ Support

If continuing problems it would help if you could post c:\ovimapsinstaller.txt found in phone memory on your N97 for analysis.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofoman53

Thanks for everyones help.  I uninstalled all those listed files and now I'm able to finally update my Ovi Maps.  Thanks again for all the help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

Don't you just love the N97? Fantastic value for money from day one!

You'd never get all this fun with an iPhone. What's the use of a phone that just works???

Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.