Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Navigation Cannot Start from this location. ER...

Registered Member
dodgydom

Re: Navigation Cannot Start from this location. ERROR ...

hi all

i have 5230 & use sat nav all time.updated yesterday before going on long drive to cornwall & hey ho exactly the same problem as u! must be software update problem.have tried reinstalling & completely wiping my phone but exactly the same as can only get latest maps version with error!!

comeon nokia sort it out!!!!

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
panorton

Boo hoo hoo. My N8 still can't navigate in offline mode. As soon as I turn off data the phone gives this message- car navigation cannot start from this location. That means data charges when I'm on holidays. Boo hoo hoo.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
panorton

It's definately an update issue. My wife just updated her maps 3.06 on her X6 and is now getting the same error. Anyone want to buy an X6 and a N8? 

Please use plain text.
N8bois

I too have just been experiencing the error 'Navigation cannot start from this location' when I enter a drive destination into the mapping app on my N8 phone. This has just happened since downloading the latest update 3.06  00.02.47.103 release date 17.12.2012. Also, if I enter a walk destination the error 'location not found' occurs. If I change the internet setting on the phone to 'online' the system does work. I wonder why Nokia are no longer allowing navigation in offline mode or is it just a glitch in the latest update?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dodgydom

oh no i bet they are making it online use only! coz it seems big coincidence that it only works online! they must be in with the networks on this!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zoran81mk

I just found an alternative to the latest 'error' with Maps 3.06. The only way to make it work in offline mode is to uninstall Nokia Maps and Ovi Maps, and then open Maps in the menu and it will ask you to delete the 'old data maps'. Then only press Yes and connect the phone to Nokia Suite and download maps (it's going to be older maps, they are smaller).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
leninoc

hi, what I did was - downloaded maps I need to my Nokia 500 - via wifi or via ovi suite - even the new erroneous version of maps. Then I have downloaded old maps 00.02.46.103 (new version is 00.02.47.103), I have downloaded the same countries I had in my phone already. I kept the new version of maps (cities etc folder) on my memory card and simply copied the old version over it. It worked, no data connection needed anymore for drive navigation. Tested with my new zealand map today. Map app in phone still says it has new version of maps. No need to change indexes etc, its already there from new map version.

URL for download of old maps for NOkia 500, maps v 3.06 is

http://static.maploader.maps.svc.ovi.com/map5/maploaderzip-00.02.46.103/10320.zip 

where the last part after the slash you replace with relevant country code - to be find in this pdf 

http://discussions.nokia.com/discussions/attachments/discussions/navigation/40455/1/catalog-00.02.46...

I hope it will work for you as well

Please use plain text.
honzikhonzik

THX:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
jc30003

Hi, It worked for me on Nokia X6-00. Thanks.
Hope that we will not get stuck with the 02.46.103 version of maps for ever and that this was only a glitch.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BGuser

Thnx a lot !!!, i looked up everywhere but your post was the only one that is helpful. Now it works. Hope nokia will fix this bug and we will be able to update our maps without the fear of screwing it up.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VombatusUrsinus

Thanks leninoc, that works for me and my 5230 with Australian maps.  Well done.  

As for you, Nokia, snafus like this fail to impress.  May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your armpits until you issue a map update that works in both online and offline modes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jose_verta

[ Edited ]

Worked for me on Nokia C7-00 with brazilian maps.

Thank you very much Leninoc !!!!

Hope Nokia work hard to fix this bug asap.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LynnwoodPerson

I downloaded the zip file.  I copied the contents of the zip file over to my phone: cities\diskcache.

I restarted Maps and offline still doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
hans1968

Since updating my dutchmaps give C6 the following error when a destination is selected, "car navigation can not start at this location '.

All cards have been removed and re-insert again but it gives the same error again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

hans1968 wrote:

Since updating my dutchmaps give C6 the following error when a destination is selected, "car navigation can not start at this location '.

All cards have been removed and re-insert again but it gives the same error again.

If you read all the posts above..there are some work around suggested that you may try till the time the issue is resolved by Nokia.. .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
panorton

I've tried this workaround on both an X6 and an N8 and neither worked. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
panorton

I'm in the Rep. of ireland so I download the 10320 zip files from here. http://static.maploader.maps.svc.ovi.com/map5/maploaderzip-00.02.46.103/103211.zip . I save them to desktop and extract them. I have tried deleting the files in /mass memory/cities/diskcache. 0-f and overwriting them with the new files and also merging the two sets of files  but the result is the same "car navigation cannot start from this location".

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

The map data for Maps 3.06 has now been downgraded in the servers back to 0.2.46.103 to avoid the problem with offline navigation.If you have already updated the map data to 0.2.47.103, you can downgrade by deleting "cities" folder and "qf" file and then re-downloading the map data again.

Please see the thread below for more details:

Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0.2.47.103

Please use plain text.
hans1968

The new "old" version downloaded maps works again on the phone. Just hope Nokia comes quickly with a good update with all new streets.

as a volunteer in a rapid responder team (CPR) with several small new residential areas in our region would be very useful. . . these new streets were already mentioned in the bug version.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
YorkshirePete

I agree, I have had no joy from Nokia 'experts' at all, we speak a different language.
Please use plain text.