Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Navigation on your Nokia. Free. Forever.

Employee

Hi,

Where the Area code is not available you can download the file directly to your desktop:

1. Select your device from those compatible
  2. below the request for mobile is a link "Or download without data charges using PC or Mac
  3. Use PC suite to install the downloaded .sis file to your PC.

If you do not have access to a PC, you can download the link to your mobile direct from www.nokia.mobi/maps/download

Cheers

Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Employee

jonkeys wrote:

Done some more testing and it seems that following on from my earlier post, that you still can't even search for a full address. You could in the original version of Maps 3 (not beta), 2 and 1. Again, why has this feature been removed? I can only type in the first line of the address or the postcode, not both. Usually the first line of the address fails to bring up the correct address, and the postcode works, but fails to take me to the exact location.

I need to be able to type in a full address e.g. 303 nokia drive, nokia, N97 B4U, not just parts of it. Plus, there still isn't a feature to allow us to operate Maps in landscape mode when the global auto rotate is disabled.

These were the three big things I hated about the beta, and they are still not fixed. So many people over at beta labs pointed out these problems along with myself, and still we were ignored.

1) 'Add from Contacts' needs to be added back in.

2) Full address input needs to be added back in.

3) Landscape/Portrait toggle needs to be added.

This version seems more stable and so far seems to navigate well, with the exception of the ridiculas routes it takes me, but none of that matters if the above listed problems exist.

No wonder Nokia are making Navigation free, nobody in there right mind would purchase a license to run maps 3.03.

Another dissapointed Nokia user.

Message Edited by jonkeys on 21-Jan-2010 12:57 PM

Hi jonkeys,

Thanks for the feedback. I have already started to look in to the Add to Contacts. I will add to that your additional feedback

KR

Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Advisor

SO, how about 3720 support? It came with ovi installed but the whole maps site has denied that this phone exists ever since I bought it last november.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

cbidlake wrote:
Hi jonkeys,

Thanks for the feedback. I have already started to look in to the Add to Contacts. I will add to that your additional feedback

KR

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Please use plain text.

Here's one :smileymad:. I've emialed 3 to find out what they have to say, I'll update on their response.

However I'm as usual not hopeful.

Please use plain text.
Sage
totoanon

What about the n96 will itbe made available or do i have to wait and keep checking? Any info from the nokia guys?

I dont pretend to know everything like some people on these boards i am just trying to help. Its not all about the kudos.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ihave also emailed 3 and wait a response - not hopeful either !
Please use plain text.

Hi Chris (cbidlake)

Can you give me any indication when (if) this will be rolled out for the N85 or N86? I'm about to update my phone and was leaning towards these models among the ones available to me. If it's not going to be made available I could go for the 5800 or even the N97 mini, but I was more interested in the N85/N86...

Thanks in advance,

Anton

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

Can someone please point me to the link that tells you what the 70+ countries are that you can navigate with? I can't seem to find a list anywhere.

Thanks!

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

the URLs do not work

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Will Ovi Maps 3.03 (with Free Navigation) be compatible with N79?And when will it be available to N79 users
If you like my post then Plz click on Green Star on left side to add Kudos

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jada0007

Missing in the E72 Build the Michelin Guide and Search Addresses from the Contacts. Searching for addresses in this build is a pain in the **bleep**. Like Google, there is now Graphical User Interface for search addresses. I wished me i haven't update because in the Build 3.01 all worked fine and i have just purchased Drive and traffic Europe, North America, Latin America for a year. I was a big fan from the Nokia Beta Application "Here and Now"! They just ported part from it to the Ovi Maps 3.03. This is definitive a good thing. Ovi Maps 3.03 is only half fines. Add the Missing things from Ovi Maps 3.01 and from "Here and Now" and it is perfect.      
Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Will Ovi Maps 3.03 (with Free Navigation) be compatible with N79 V32.001.53.1 (0573960)?And when will it be available to N79 users
If you like my post then Plz click on Green Star on left side to add Kudos

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Chris,

Could you indicate whether (and, perhaps when, even a rough estimate) the N900 will be coming to the party? I've gotten mixed messages from what I've read elsewhere as to whether navigation will be available for the N900 or whether it will bypass N900 in favor of future maemo devices. 

Thanks! I've got my fingers crossed!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm from Spain and I have v40 firmware with kinetic scrolling. I have the same problem. I download the app but when it's installing I got error -5.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Navigation on your Nokia. Free. Forever. But I'm puzzled...

[ Edited ]

1. Please can you explain what I can do for a Nokia 6110 Navigator. It currently has the free Nokia Navigator maps it came with. The website says I should download Nokia Maps 2 and then the Map Loader and then I can have free maps. But it also says I have to pay for the maps. I'm totally confused. Can I have free maps or not?

2. I also have a Nokia 6210 Navigator. That seems less ambiguous, I'm installing Maps 3 using the Map Updater and then will use the Map Loader to get more maps. Is that correct and will that give me free maps?

3. The website does not explain what Ovi Suite is. I thought at first it was needed to obtain the new maps. Now I think it is probably a replacement for PC Suite?  Why doesn't the website simply explain what each piece of software is for?

Thanks for any advice.

Message Edited by Growltiger on 21-Jan-2010 06:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Question: Will this new version be integrated in a future firmware of E52, too (like for N97)? I'm asking this because the C:\ drive of Nokia E52 is very very limited. It is strange why from 61.6 MB, a lot of space is occupied from a fresh start, just by upgrading to QuickOffice 6.0 and Maps 3.03 - I have only 12 M free. I even uninstalled nGage!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Got the same problem! Any answer?
Message Edited by b0rprb on 21-Jan-2010 06:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
imx2

i have just 3 words to say  ¨thank you Nokia¨....
¨Arm yourself because no one else here will save you¨
Please use plain text.

Guys.....I'm probably being really stupid but when something says "free" i'm slightly suspicious.

I'm going to try and update my 5800 tonight to the applicable version and then i'll download the latest version of Ovi maps (i'll do this via WiFi at home). Am i right in presuming i download maps etc which will be used when using the sat nav?

Are there any charges to use the sat-nav at all? Are there not charges to use GPS? Sorry but i am a little naive with this technology. Vodafone advised they charge 25p per 50mb of download. So, for instance, if i use my sat nav from London to Glasgow, taking about 6 hours, what will the cost be to me?

In essence, i have no clue but i like the sound of it but don't want a nasty surprise in my next bill!

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.