Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New Maps Available

Mobile Overlord
farby

New Maps Available

Maps v3.06

00.02.46.103 is now available ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

I'll NEVER buy any Nokia phone again! As it seems that Nokia will NEVER relese maps for Serbia. More so, I'll convince every person I know not to buy Nokia devices!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

mss1988 wrote:

I'll NEVER buy any Nokia phone again! As it seems that Nokia will NEVER relese maps for Serbia. More so, I'll convince every person I know not to buy Nokia devices!

25.9 MB Maps data for Serbia available in this update ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

Which consists of the highways and names of the cities lager then 50 000 people :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

Could be worse....you could live in Cyprus....or the country that does not exist....according to Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

[ Edited ]

It seems that Nokia really do everything to make us users switch to other vendors.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ramit_B

And again the same bug returns~ Nokia suite cannot detect offline maps already installed on the phone, and everytime you connect the phone to Nokia suite and click on the Maps icon, it will want you to download the same again. It will even wipe out the data from he phone as well, so when you visit Map Loader in your phone, even that no longer shows the offline maps you downloaded just a minute ago. Come on, how much does it take to learn from your mistakes, and does every update necesarily have to have a bug??????

If the answer was helpful, click on the star for a kudos :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No such problem on my Nokia 5800xm and Nokia Suite (v3.4.45)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes.. downloaded approx 550 MB new map of India.. many new roads are added. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Criticizing nokia has become a habit of people these days. If you really don't like the nokia maps, go and use your awesome google maps where you need 24*7 data plan rather than posting here and there about not buying any nokia phone again! We are really happy with constant updates of the maps with new routes and roads added by nokia. Good job! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

Hi Farby! Keep Nokia and try Android... My Android friends change their mobiles every year and I use my Nokiyas in average for 3 years :smileyhappy: Agree that Nokia is lagging behind competition since HTC came to market but still it is best brand and devices have all you need for daily use and apps for daily use are reliable and convenient: 90% of time I use phone for: calling, SMS, mail, WhatsApp, Social app, reading news and books, photo.
Map I use when I travel abroad and never faced any problems (except I can't download offline maps since past few months for unknown reason).
Also I noticed that with respect to connecting to strange hotel WiFis, unknown networks, etc... my N8 is much more faster and reliable than my colleagues HTCs, Samsungs and I-phones... Whenever we go I am the first to establish connections and start working whereas my collegues spend lots of time and efforts to get connected :smileywink: Of course it might be that they do not know well how to use their phone and nothing wrong with devices but still ... So, think twice before changing.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

Yeah, I'll stop criticizing Nokia, and if they continue like that, I'll forget that they even exists.

Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

yesterday I got an HTC and today start testing it... Will come back to this in few days. If I don't come back means I am on HTC forums :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shailjayadav

@farby sir, please give me direct single link india maps this version.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

shailjayadav wrote:

Please give me direct single link india maps this version.

Link given in this post:/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Can-i-use-maps-data-v-2-46-103-my-n8/m-p/1403311/highlight/true#M40496

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shailjayadav

Sir i unpacked all files in e:/cities.
But than open map its show old map version 2.45.109
How to solve. Please sir help
Please use plain text.
agonzalez2k

I have the same problem as Ramit_B with Nokia Suite 3.3.89 and a C6-01 Belle updated  all to the last versions. Any solution?. The maps can be downloaded with the mobile byself yet but it is better to do it with the computer. At least it would be acceptable that Nokia Suite does not wipe out the information of the downloaded maps in the phone so we did not have to download the maps again.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mariaanna

I just got nokia 700 belle.I was exploring the phone and maybe i accidentally deleted data on nokia maps and now the widget and maps are lost.how can i have a nokia map again? im downloading on nokia store and tried to install it but i guess it has bug or somehow corrupted.I cant use gps. please help.how can i retrieve nokia map on my phone which has features like check in,walk,drive,weather,favorites,public transport. Thank u:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

Difficult to know exactly what you have done but suggest a factory reset and of that does not get you up and running then use Nokia Suite to reinstall the latest firmware, which should include Nokia Maps. Alternatively use Nokia Suite to reinstall Nokia maps from the Ovi store.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mariaanna

im downloading a nokia map suite 2.0 but its so annoying cause installation is always interrupted. please i need help.can you give me some links on how i can retrieve my previous nokia maps app. What if i reset factory setting will it help?

Please use plain text.