Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

New Maps Available

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: New Maps Available

@mariaanna

Have you updated your 700 to Belle FP1 yet?

Trouble is that once Maps Suite 2.0 has installed it is embedded in software and can't be reversed, but you haven't reached this stage yet for some reason. Rather than being in too much hurry to reset device have you tried option to re-install existing device software using Nokia Suite?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mariaanna

i havent updated to FP1.Im still thinking about it.

may i just ask how to re-install my existing device software using Nokia Suite?

im trying to install nokia maps suite 2.0 but im having a hard time installing it.

thanks for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@marianna

If an update is available you can't re-install what would be older software, for example upon my E7 running Anna am only offered ability to install Belle by Nokia Suite.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
agonzalez2k

Hello, I have written my problem but there hasn't been any answer:

I have the same problem as Ramit_B with Nokia Suite 3.3.89 and a C6-01 Belle updated  all to the last versions. Any solution?. The maps can be downloaded with the mobile byself yet but it is better to do it with the computer. At least it would be acceptable that Nokia Suite does not wipe out the information of the downloaded maps in the phone so we did not have to download the maps again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arkidsad2009

It is ridiculous for nokia map database update that in case of nokia suite you have to connect the phone for as long as the map download, all the people have not posses a high speed internet connection , so u have to attach the phone and PC for a long time. 

In case of update directly via mobile u must need WI-if, which is not available in all region. Why I can not use a mobile network if data plan is activated?

in phone u can pause the update and u can continue later, but in nokia suite u have to continue still it complete.

I have noticed that in PC the whole map data first download as Zip file in temp directory and then transferred in phone.

It will be more better if it can be downloaded first and then just connect the phone and transfer it to phone, and the download can be paused.

Nokia should think about this.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

[ Edited ]

arkidsad2009 wrote:

It will be more better if it can be downloaded first and then just connect the phone and transfer it to phone, and the download can be paused.

Nokia should think about this.

It is possible to download maps files to your pc and then manually install them. /t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/00-02-46-103-Map-Series-for-Nokia-Maps-from-v3-06/m-p/1401217/highlight/...  gives links to some of the files, but the catalog file attached to that post will allow you to work out the link the file you need for your country/region. The post also links to the instructions on how to install them on your phone.

Pausing the download on your pc will, i imagine,depend on whether you have a download manager which allows this

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arkidsad2009

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying 'andy3196' .

Your provided links are also working fine.

But my opinion is that, those options i mentioned before, should be included in nokia suite because it will not be possible to provide links here everytime maps get an update or every people need this map update in their nokia devices will not be able to find out these links here. What do you say?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

arkidsad2009 wrote:

Thanks for replying 'andy3196' .

Your provided links are also working fine.

But my opinion is that, those options i mentioned before, should be included in nokia suite because it will not be possible to provide links here everytime maps get an update or every people need this map update in their nokia devices will not be able to find out these links here. What do you say?

You may put the suggestion over HERE to get a better responce...Need to log-in using the SAME crredentials that you use on this Forum ...

Please use plain text.