Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No Voice Guidance under Bluetooth

Counsellor
14wishy

[ Edited ]

Simply didn't know that Nokias had so many glitches 2bad until I upgraded   :smileysad:

But at least it's just a phone and not a car that I bought to work with my phone eh:smileyvery-happy:

Wouldn't have made any difference as I upgraded the phone for reasons other than the FREE satnav...tariff and provider,nothing to do with handset really.

However ,since becoming a Nokia customer and reading these forums I will think twice about going Nokia again. Many bugs and issues being raised, many of which seem to be easily solved and clearly oversights by developers.

My last handsets, SonyE, never let me down...this N5800 has at least 10 times now stopped working for what ever reason, auto screen rotation not working, menu freezing, media button not responding, compass disabled, and the highly publicised Ovimaps...to replace your everyday Satnav, [oh no it wouldn't]...having a few great design omissions for seamless navigation while driving. Thank God for my Garmin BT connectivity.

So roll on upgrade day...but maybe just maybe Nokia may solve some faults with future downloads...doubt it though seem to be too many for my liking.

"My car is less than a year old"  Love it :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic / FW 50.0.005
Please use plain text.
Contributor
antonian

Can some one tell me why the Nokia N85 and E72 have been confirmed as compatible phones for the UConnect system? The Nokia 5800 Navigation is not. All these phones are manufactured by Nokia. They are classed by Nokia as Navigation phones and use the same OVI Maps.

The E72 and 5800 are supposedly optimized for navigation. Why is only the E72 compatible with the UConnect BT.

Does one design group talk to another? I think that Nokia is negligent. One accident because you are fumbling between Bluetooth and navigation and Nokia will be right up there with Toyota.

Nokia needs to shape up and ensure that their BT communication works the same on all their Navigation phones.

:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
14wishy

Antonian what exactly is Uconnect, is it some app that can enable BT to some car systems?

Please use plain text.
Professor

_

@wishy washy

Why are you bothering to post in a Nokia Technical Suppot forum, about a phone / brand which you admit (in capitals) that you hate, will get rid of, and never buy again?

Why are you not out driving in your less-than-a-year-old object of love?

The word troll (and possibly graffiti) springs to mind.

_

Please use plain text.
Contributor
antonian

14wishy wrote:

Antonian what exactly is Uconnect, is it some app that can enable BT to some car systems?

A Chrysler system.

http://www.chrysler.com/crossbrand/uconnect/chrysler/interface.html

Go to getting started tab and then the compatable phones.

It is a system that is typically factory installed but can be after market dealer installed similar to the one Nokia offers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
14wishy

2bad Mr Sad, handbags! ooooh...I just love plonkers like you in Forums. :smileywink:

"Why are you bothering to post in a Nokia Technical Suppot forum, about a phone / brand which you admit (in capitals) that you hate, will get rid of, and never buy again?"

To see if I can get technical support obviously... for kit that doesn't work properly. If Nokia make changes to the firmware then maybe I would reconsider.

Please use plain text.
Professor

_

Good plan.

I'm sure your constructive, well thought out insights have incentivised the Nokia Programmers to drop everything to devote their efforts to your cause, in case they lose your valuable business.

Well thought through.

_

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
14wishy

"..devote their efforts to your cause"

Not just me though is it, do you actually read anything through the red mist.

Perceptibly effects 100,000's people who have the new Ovimaps, cars with bluetooth audio sys and certain Nokia phones. That has to be a sizeable customer base worth helping I would think.

You observably don't think so...and there I'll have to agee to disagree.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

For all you people with E-72 who want to hear voice-guidence: You got a 3.5mm earphone-jack. Connect a little speaker to this jack and you hear the lovely lady loud and claer. It works.

I know It is absolutely not THE  solution.

The guys from Nokia don't read this, so maybe they will keep working on the richt solution.

CPB

Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

_

@14wishy

My red mist? Really? I'm not the one ranting in capitals:

Quote "Will I change my phone to an alternative manufacturer that can and would do this...ALMOST DEFFINATELY!"

And you expect support? Jeez!

I can't believe I let myself get sucked into this troll. My apologies to all. I'm done.

_

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
14wishy

Audicar, simple but effective and a great solution for now.

Many modern vehicles come equipped with a 3.5mm jack  which can be switched to Aux out on their audio so i guess your simple "technical support" offered, and gratefully accepted, should work just fine.

Can't wait to give it a try and see what happens when in navigation and a call comes through too.

Cheers

...careful with those inflammatory capitals though..."THE"...and underlined at that!!!!  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
14wishy

[ Edited ]

Interesting stuff antonian

Chrysler seem to have their act together...my phone not listed...typical.

Nissan seem to have something similar but can't find compatible phone list on their site,

Nissan connect, satnav guidance from Nokia phone probably still won't go through to the speakers though, not that you'd need it with this system in.

How can Chrysler ever hope to keep this system working with all new phones at the rate they come out. Has to be the phone people that do that...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
14wishy

Navigation comes through loud and clear with audio cable in Headphone mode. As I thought calls do not interupt signal and no sound comes through at all. Bluetooth does not kick in either so if the phone is not in view there is no way of knowing a call is coming through. I'm sure this was expected by the techies here but seems pretty poor to me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hihhuli

Could someone explain me does this problem occure in situation like this.

- Nokia ck-600 carkit installed

- vw factoryfitted carstereo

Ck-600 is connected to vw stereo's aux-in plug

Nokia ck-600 allows user to simultaniously listen/stream music via bluetooth (from ad2p-supporting bt device) and use nokia phone (for example e90) same time as handsfree.So there's 2 different devices connected to ck-600, which is connected to volkswagen's carstereo. Now if I'm using E90 in hf-mode, can I listen to music from the other bt device (connected to ck600->connected to carstereo)? Or does it allow hf only...is this the bug you guys are talking about?

Please use plain text.
cpenk

Re: Voice Guidance with Bluetooth

It seams that Nokia have a lot of bugs on there S60 phones that need to be sorted out ASAP,

My Nokia-5800 does works with Voice Guidance in OVI maps (v 3.04 update)

And calls too through Bluetooth,

With a THB bury system 8 carkit and cradle

But it mutes the radio so no music.

S60 phones sound good to buy, but are they ? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tomate2

own Re: Voice Guidance with Bluetooth

I own a Parrot MKI 9100 wich it is supposed to support the standar S2PD. My phone is an E72. I also have the problem....

NOKIA, HELP US

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PeterS15

Re: own Re: Voice Guidance with Bluetooth

I have an N97 with a Nexus 'driveclearpro' sunvisor car kit with bluetooth v2.1. I can hear the voice guidance clearly with this but the irritation is that the beginning of the instructions are clipped and I also miss most of the warning tones for safety cameras.

As with others, when using the phone speakers all is fine.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
agprabhakar

Re: own Re: Voice Guidance with Bluetooth - Clearly a Nokia Issue!!!!

[ Edited ]

First of all a big Thanks to NOKIA for enabling Free Navigation for E71. 

But then, is it really helping? 

I have Honda with Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68 Car Audio system installed and it support A2DP.

I have E71 working perfectly for Phone calls, call history, phone book transfer with Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68.

The Car system has 4 audio modes (sources) - CD, Radio(FM), USB, and BT Aduio Streaming.  In BT audio streaming it plays the audio from the Phone's Music player.  In all these 4 audio modes, when there is a phone call received or dialled, the music from the car audio stops, and the phone call is played through car speakers.

Now when it comes to Navigation, the handset diverts the navigation guidance through the BT streaming mode.  And if the Car system is in CD, Radio or USB mode, then the guidance is lost.  You have to select the BT streaming as source in the Blaupunk system, so the guidance is heard.    But then you have to loose the music for this.

NOKIA,  pls put ur head and think how things are working in real life!!!!

Atleast someone from NOKIA comment on this...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
agprabhakar

hello... knock.. knock... anyone from Nokia??  pls answer....

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I am simply appalled at how Nokia is staying clear from giving signs of their presence on this issue.... And this is THEIR site, not a privately owned blog.... Nokia where are you????

Take lessons form Honda, who kindly sends official replies on sites not even owned by them (e.g.: on the Insight's page on Facebook)!!

This BT issue probably has a pretty heavy strategic importance for Nokia future sales, if one thinks that more and more cars are getting factory installed BT (not only luxury cars, but even real cheap ones), and it is very hard to understand why they are not - apparently - acting on this....

We do hopefully wait for an official reply.... but, Nokia, remember: it doesn't take much for many to switch to another phone brand if the product and service go below expectations....

I even wrote to the Italian Nokia suport team, but I'm still waiting any kind of reply....  Bad customer service, real bad...

Please use plain text.