Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 2710 NAV

P_Kobzar

Nokia 2710 NAV

For Nokia 2710 NAV not exist maps GPS navigation allows navigation in an acceptable mode and optimum precision. There are only a rough map. This applies to Europe and Russia, as other countries do not know.

Please use plain text.
Please use plain text.
P_Kobzar

I'm not an amateur. All actions for registration and downloading maps I've done. But much to my regret, instead of cards I received the plan area, no street names, house numbers, search by address (something like looking for big cities).

Please use plain text.
P_Kobzar

Отсутствие карт для телефонов на платформе S40 признала Служба поддержки Нокия в Украине (телефон 0-800-50-101-5 в Украине)

No cards for phones on the platform S40 Nokia acknowledged service in Ukraine (telephone 0-800-50-101-5 in Ukraine)

Please use plain text.
P_Kobzar

I would like to hear comment from the representative of the company Nokia regarding the above stories. But at the same time to ask: why should produce a budget model with support for GPS and the complete absence of maps of navigation, while the cost of a smartphone?

(Хотелось бы услышать коментарий от представителя компании Нокиа по поводу выше сказаного. А заодно спросить: зачем выпускать бюджетную модель с поддержкой ГПС и при полном отсутствии карт навигации, при этом по стоимости смартфона?)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Could you post screen shots of what you are saying you are seeing?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

I would like to hear comment from the representative of the company Nokia regarding the above stories

Then you need to contact Nokia via contact us button  or write to them  this is only a user to user forum .

jje

Please use plain text.
P_Kobzar

Unfortunately, no. Yesterday has passed the phone to the store and forward solutions of the possibility of exchange at another model. That's what I saw: 1. There was no search on my town. 2. Map of the city without street names.
3. There are only major cities of Ukraine.
4. There are not many roads.
5. Often failed search.
What is not arranged in the GPS:
1. You can not save the route.
2. You can not assign more points to Provence

If we can not exchange the phone, make sure you lay out on the youtube video as a "beautiful" work Nokia.

Please use plain text.
P_Kobzar

Wrote. A waiting for the third day. I understand that it has acquired a budget model. But such an attitude to customers, as well as deliberately deceptive ads make you think.

Please use plain text.
P_Kobzar

According to unofficial information, sales of this model in Ukraine postponed.

Please use plain text.
dimchopicha

Same situation here in Bulgaria, it seems Nokia abandon the S40 Nokia OS platform and Nokia Maps 2 project.

The issue is they are updating only Nokia Maps 3 data and as they are not compatible with Nokia Maps 2 they have just abandon the old version.

For example Nokia Maps 2 latest maps data for Bulgaria is 7MB, only biggest towns, completely useless navigation

For Nokia Maps 3 latest maps data is 47MB and users reported that it is very detailed with even the small villages listed.

Please use plain text.