Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 500 GPS

Registered Member
I hope this is the right place for this. I have searched the boards for this pertaining to my Nokia 500 GPS. I received this as a gift fo Cristmas and all has been well with it up until a week ago. When the unit is turned on or reset or master power off then on, it comes to the Nokia "Hands almost touching" splash screen with a "thinking" circle and just sits there. It is not toally locked up, as you can go to the main menu and look at a few things, but whatever you look at, it will be interrupted with the same screen, and it never goes any further. You can plug into the compuer and it access just fine as a mass storage device. I checked the maps, as well as the software, which is the latest version. I'm hoping I won't have to send it in after only a month, and instead someone has run into this and can tell me what to do. Thanks for the help, SJ
Mobile Sensei

Re: Nokia 500 GPS

Is there a Nokia authorized repair/service center nearby where you live? If there is, could you drop by there and ask if they can help?
Registered Member

No store anywhere near me.
Registered Member

Let me know if there's a repair shop in the states.  I hate to buy a product that no longer has support.  It just gets me upset when Nokia doesn't even provide the proper support for their own **bleep**.