Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5230 and Garmin Mobile XT

Counsellor
giltic

Nokia 5230 and Garmin Mobile XT

Hi !

I have decided to install Garmin Mobile on my Nokia 5230. I have asked the official Garmin support for informations about Garmin Mobile and Symbiaa S60 v5. They answered that the last version of Garmin Mobile is v5.00.60 and in theory it should almost certain work with S60v5 operating system (the version v5.00.50 should too), but the product is discontinued so they are not 100% sure. They sent me a list where I can still buy Garmin Mobile but I am not sure to spend 100€ because I'm not totaly sure if this will work with Nokia 5230. There's lots of info about Garmin v5.00.40 and v5.00.50 working on Nokia 5800 but no info about Nokia 5230.

Is there any Nokia 5230 user on this forum with Garmin Mobile installed? If yes which version of Garmin Mobile do you have?

Regards;

Registered Member
cata1208

Re: Nokia 5230 and Garmin Mobile XT

I curently use Garmin Mobile XT v.5.00.50 on my nokia 5230, and it works perfectly.

Registered Member
MajidX

I'm also using the same verision but this software is not supporting landscape mode, any advise? on how this can be rectified?

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi majidX

Using v5.00.50s60.9 on 5230 in landscape mode, presumably sensor settings no issues with other applications?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0