Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5230 can't seem to download maps on Ovi Suit...

Registered Member
Jimmyboy

Nokia 5230 can't seem to download maps on Ovi Suite

Hi, I have a Nokia 5230 which I have made sure has the latest firmware, downloaded Ovi Suite, installed the latest free version of Ovi maps.

Now I connect to my PC and go to maps on Ovi suite and it won't let me doownload any maps, what am I doing wrong?

I have tried deleting the cities folder and the other file on the handset first and then retrying etc but nothing seems to work, any ideas?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
hotkey

Re: Nokia 5230 can't seem to download maps on Ovi Suite

You need to use the Ovi Store Application on the phone to get to the ovi maps application - not the pc ovi suite.

It would be handy if you could download via the pc onto the phone. But seemingly nokia do not want this and want you to phaff around with applications on the mobile to get to more applications.

Please use plain text.
Sage
sandy2410

@Jimmyboy

This worked for me,

Firstly when I connected to Ovi Suite, it said that the device is connected but could nt find any maps data. Then i took a back up of all my data and factored restored the phone. Then connected to Ovi suite and it immediately download maps, it updated the maps to the latest version, then launched maps in the device and then it showed up all the maps cotents.

Helpful information, then dont forget to hit the kudos star :-) Or say it accepted solution and thanks
Please use plain text.
Jimmyboy2010

Thanks for the advice. Turns out in the end it wouldnt work unless I had my sim card in the handset.

Please use plain text.