Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800: Ovi Maps don't want start... I nee...

Kulesza
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800: Ovi Maps don't want start... I need your help.

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I have serious problem with my Ovi Maps. I need them tommorow, but something happen after updates.

Yesterday I had Ovi Maps without any updates: it was version that I had since purchase. I began to schedule my travel; I spoted that I don't have navigation, anyway, Nokia connected to Internet and said that it's available to run "trial", 7 day version. I need it, so I choosed "yes".

Today I upgraded OS on my Nokia from 30.0.101 (?) to 31.0.101. I don't know when it happen- after upgrade or after selecting trial version- but I can't run my Ovi Maps. I choose icon, I can see on top of screen big sign "Mapy" (Maps, I have Polish version), Ovi logo on the bottom and blue progress bar at the center, that stops at about 80% and Ovi Maps turns off.

Few hours ago I found that Nokia released 3.3 version of Ovi Maps, with free navigation. I downloaded it on my phone and installed. I tried to run Ovi Maps: new menu appears, I can personalize Internet Connection, metric system etc. etc. but when I'm trying to do anything, that shows map- my position, search place etc., Ovi Maps just turns off, without any information about error. I downgraded Maps from 3.3 to first version that I had, but I have again blue progress bar and Ovi don't want to run. I did hard reset by holding green, red and camera buttons, but I still have blue progress bar. What can I do? I really need it. Thank you for answers!

PS. Sorry for my English. I know, that's not perfect.

EDIT:

Ok, some news. I found other way to run my maps: I can choose "Lokalizacja" (Localization) and I have there my saved spots from yesterday. I can choose any and command "Show it on map"; Ovi Maps starts, I have again my favourite blue progress bar, but now, crash ends with error: "Operation stopped. There is no aplication that could do this." (my translate) It's sounds stupid because it turns off Ovi Maps application, anyway, maybe it's clue? I will try to run 3.3 Ovi Maps through Lokalizacja. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia 5800: Ovi Maps don't want start... I need your help.

First of delete all maps from apps. It would consist of ovi maps, nokia maps, and three share location files. Go to your memory card and delete the cities folder and qf file. turn off your phone, remove battery for 5min and reboot. Then install Ovi Maps 3.03 (or 3.04 from beta labs), and download maps.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Kulesza

Re: Nokia 5800: Ovi Maps don't want start... I need your help.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.