Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 700 Help - Maps crashing as soon as opened !...

Contributor
agayush
Accepted Solution

Nokia 700 Help - Maps crashing as soon as opened !!

I recently bought a nokia 700 (dumping a **bleep** android phone) and I was having a fantastic experience until recently..

Whenever I opened maps it asked me to get maps first (via WiFi etc...). So I finally downloaded about 78 MB of map data for my region directly from my phone. Then, when I tried to open the map app again, I was presented with a black screen and a Loader in the middle and a few seconds later I was brought back to the home-screen. I am running belle FP1! I tried to install Nokia Maps Suite version 2.0 from the nokia store but to no avail. Also, I think that the maps version is 3.0.9. I thought of reinstalling but I cannot find it in installed applications.

Can anyone help me? Its troublesome without Maps :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Nokia 700 Help - Maps crashing as soon as opened !!

Could you try perform a soft reset using the code *#7780# security code 12345 if prompted.

This will reset your device settings but will not delete any data, please let me know if your Nokia maps returns to full functionality or not.

Also you can reinstall maps by reinstalling the OS, you can do this by plugging your device into your PC via USB and reinstalling the operating system using Nokia Suite.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@agayush

Most likely cause of Nokia Maps application crashing upon opening is corrupt map data upon device. It might be worth using link below to download Nokia Suite 3.5Beta by loggong in with Nokia ID & password

http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta

I would choose to delete existing mapping and start again.

From my 700 I can confirm that version of Nokia Maps is v3.09_12wk09_b05

Please post again should you still have issues getting Nokia Maps to function.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agayush

@Sheldrick
Thanks for replying :smileyvery-happy:
I already tried soft resets and reinstalling via the nokia suite but it did not help. I still cannot open Drive or Maps(guide and map loader work ).
Any Other solution (other than a hard reset).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agayush

Hi, Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually that idea crossed my mind. So I downloaded Nokia Maps from betalabs and tried to reinstall (not sure if i did delete existing data) but it did not help me. It is all very confusing :/

Also, the link you gave is to nokia PC suite which I already have!

Thanks anyways, any other help is greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@agayush

How about deleting E:\cities or F:\cities as appropriate +.qf file, then re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

If there is a memory card in the device and Maps is using it, check that the memory card is not locked. Be sure to have properly unlocked the memory card before starting Maps.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agayush

@Sheldrick
Thanks a lot for your support.
You have been really helpful throughout :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agayush

Looks like the problem has been solved. The maps are like they were before. Can you tell me how can I get the stable nokia maps again ??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agayush

@aspergerguy
I did as you told and nokia maps were opening. But as soon as I downloaded the basemap of asia (connecting it to my computer via nokia suite), it became defunct .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Delete the Folder / File mentioned once again.. Open Maps and then close.. and Download Maps ( Base Map of asia + Your region) ..and then only open Maps again ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agayush

OK I will try that. I noted one more thing.
when I connect my device to the Nokia Suite, It shows that the maps need to be updated and when I update, maps stop functioning....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@agayush

Might suggest after deleting E:\cities or F:\cities as appropriate +.qf file and re-staringt Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure that you set application "Online" with WLAN access point and download a few kb's of data by zooming in to your position upon map; this can ensure that Nokia Suite > Maps delivers the correct data.

Don't want to complicate issue but it might be easier to manually install map data by decompressing downloaded .zip files if you can't resolve this issue shortly!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rana112

i have nokia 700 from 4 months. but it has a very short battery time even less than a day. So i am much worried about it. Plz. Give me some solution. Also i am confused about its front camera. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@rana112

Is it "Social networking" application(s) responsible for continually accessing network?

Nokia 700 does not have front facing camera!

Please use plain text.