Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 302 no Ovi Maps and no Internet Radio ?...

Contributor
mg70brz

Nokia Asha 302 no Ovi Maps and no Internet Radio ???

I just look at a GPS module original Nokia brand new, I use it with my Nokia 3720 Classic that Nokia Maps, but now wanted to use a device that I bought today at the Nokia Store, a Nokia Asha 302 has basically the same hardware Asha 303 but does not have Nokia Maps (Ovi Maps)and I can not find the program to install it, because Nokia has put in 303 Asha has no GPS and forgotten Asha 302 ? advantage to also warn that Asha 303has the Nokia ​​Internet Radio and Asha 302 has  and it also runs perfectly, Nokia, please wake up, put these two programs as useful in future releases update Asha 302.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
niravbvyas

Re: Nokia Asha 302 no Ovi Maps and no Internet Radio ???

yes. i had also bought nokia 302 and it does not have any kind of nokia maps app nor able to install in it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Harigae

The Nokia Asha 303 has an Internet radio app that can be installed in Nokia Asha 302 or Nokia C3-00. http://www.mediafire.com/?a12x4tmaaaatshg
Please use plain text.
txtmsg

I also purchased an Asha 302 expecting it to have Ovi Maps installed. I cannot seem to install it from Nokia Suite or the Nokia Store. I understand that the phone does not have GPS but it should have maps. Have I been mislead by reviews that mention cell positioning?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DennIz

Nokia Please Introduce Ovi Maps & Internet Radio For Asha 302. Please Make it Available On Ovi Store for Asha 302 Users. It will be a pleasure if you do so. Thanks alot.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Andre1973

Have installed internet radio on Asha 302 .It works nice  ! Just folow the instructions on this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNYNOTTlIE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Andre1973

In atache internet radio for s40 (type and notype) When install change the phone date to 13 /12/2010.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
david16a

Nokia are trying to make it difficult for people with certain phones to install the internet radio and other program.

I know that the internet radio is compatible with the asha 300 phone even though the OVI store says it's not.

It's that you have to mess about with a suitable zip extractor on another piece of equipment just to install the internet radio. And you need to download the zip file from a 3rd party website before zip extracting.

I had another asha 300 before I lost it. But I downloaded it from a 3rd party website directly on to my phone without needing to unzip any files. I have been unable to trace it since. Did Nokia purchase the site for their new version of the Nokia store?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
violetinha

I bought one just recently, moving from an old Nokia E63 and I am slowly getting to know the asha and discovering how to make it work like the E63. I was also dissapointed to see that no map app on it but just managed to install it from by following the steps from the vodafone website:

http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web/nokia-asha-302/explore/gps-maps-and-navigation/install-google-ma...

1. Connect to Google Maps
  • Press the Navigation key.
  • Scroll to Nokia Bro... and press the Navigation key.
  • Scroll to the address bar and press the Navigation key.
  • Key in http://m.google.com/maps and press the Navigation key.
2. Download and install Google Maps
  • Scroll to Install Now and press the Navigation key.
  • Press the Navigation key.
  • Wait a moment while the application is downloaded and installed.
  • Press the Navigation key the necessary number of times to confirm.
  • Follow the instructions on the display to start Google Maps.
Please note that part of the installation is carried out online. The procedure for installing the application may differ from these instructions.
3. Exit
  • Press Menu.
  • Scroll to Exit and press the Navigation key.
  • Press Disconnect to return to standby mode.
When the installation is complete, you can use Google Maps on your phone. Click herefor information on how to use Google Maps on your phone.

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.