Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C5-03 GPS problem

omar231295

Hiiiii............... you should try to go to nokia care again and tell them the problem with illustration and  take your mobile with you for more illustration as the problem is that in the manual it is written that there is a-gps and integrated gps and you can't find it in your positioning methods ................... i was having the same problem but in n96 16 gb  and nokia care solved this  :smileyhappy: ... i 'm sure that you will find the solution! xD

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joint_striker

I have two identical Nokia C5-03 and one of them has a good GPS reception, the other not so much. We all know that indoors GPS signal is bound to be weaker but hear this:

- C5-03 (A): When sitting at my desk, indoors, and upon starting internal GPS reception it gets 5 sattelites with an average reception with 50m precision after 20 seconds;

- C5-03 (B): When sitting at my desk, indoors, and upon starting internal GPS reception it never gest a lock on any satellite whatsoever;

So yes, there is something wrong with these devices, some work very well, others not so much.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@joint_striker

It is not unheard of for GPS antenna to be missing within device occasionally, so need not always be software related issue in a very small number of cases.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joint_striker

@aspergerguy Thank you for the answer.
Really?? Missing GPS antenna... who would have thought?! But I doubt that it is my problem, still there is that possibility.

In my initial post I gave the idea that one of the phones never locks onto GPS, it is incorrect. I was trying to emphasize that one of them would be very fast in obtaining a lock to a greater number of satellites with better reception overall, comparing to the other phone which would take much longer to get a lock and most times only half of the satellites with 20% less reception quality overall.
Please use plain text.