Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C5: GPS, A-GPS...

Sage
omne
Accepted Solution

Nokia C5: GPS, A-GPS...

Nokia only mentioned A-GPS receiver in Nokia C5's specifications, but for N86, N97... they have mentioned both GPS and A-GPS... (See: Nokia N86 8MP Specifications and Nokia N97 mini Specification)

I'm confused... doesn't C5 have a GPS receiver like N86 or N97?!

In general, what does it mean when phone makers only mention A-GPS in the specifications of a phone? is it possible that a phone come only with A-GPS?

Click on the Kudos Star, if you find my post helpful!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia C5: GPS, A-GPS...

[ Edited ]

Hi omne

Your C5 has integral GPS receiver which utilizes Assisted GPS feature and is updated to latest version of OVI Maps here:http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-c5/

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Sage
omne

Thank you scoobyman. I don't have the C5 yet but I'm going to buy it as soon as I got sure about it. If C5, N86, N97 and etc. have similar GPS system, why does Nokia used different terms in the specifications?!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

omne wrote:
why does Nokia used different terms in the specifications?!

Can only assume now that this system has wider implementation across Nokia range that a composite term is all that is thought to be needed in future.

Please use plain text.
Sage
omne

Thank you again,

By the way, do you own C5? if yes, may I ask you some questions by private message?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

omne wrote:

By the way, do you own C5? if yes, may I ask you some questions by private message?

Hi omne

Sorry I don't and have never handled one!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OMY_INC

HY ALL.. NOKIA C5 IS A GREAT PHONE WITH A GREAT KEYPAD... I CAN BET I WILL HAVE AN EASIER TIME TEXTING AN CHATTING THAN THOSE USING QWERTY WHEN IT COMES TO THE KEYPAD OF NOKIA C5...ITS SIMPLY FANTASTIC.

THE ONLY PROB I HAD WITH IT WAS THAT THE PRELOADED MAPS HAD PROBLEMS...IDELETED THEM AND LET THE OVI MAPS APP DOWNLOAD THEM AND SAVE THEM ( YES IT SAVES THE MAPS IT DOWNLOADS WHEN NAVIGATING IN ONLINE MODE)...IT'S PRETTY ACCURATE...ABOUT 10metres off at most..But it gives you a voice alert of our next turn so unless your dumb you'll know better than to trust a phone to the point of not using your eyes LOL!! .

And not to forget the pathetically low volume of the two fantastic ihf stereo speakers that are supposed to sound great... after the firmware update...phones currently shipping havethe new firmware pre installed....

In conclusion the additon of wifi would have made this nokia's best seller ever even if it would go for 10 or 30$ higher...

ovi maps when running ok totally whoops Google map's **bleep**

Please use plain text.