Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Drive 2.0 offline

Counsellor
johne_cheah
Accepted Solution

Nokia Drive 2.0 offline

I want to ask that Nokia Drive 2.0 really work on offline mode? turn by turn navigation on offline mode?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi johne_cheah,

Thank you for your post.

Nokia drive version 2.0 indeed works in offline mode. To do this you need to go into the settings in the Nokia drive application and set this to offline mode but please make sure that any maps that you require are first downloaded onto your device.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zekahz

I get the message "Sorry, can't find your route offline. Go online?" and I installed the maps
Please use plain text.
Sage
MrOddJob

@ Zekahz

I get this message sometimes too, I suggest you check your spelling as it seems Nokia drive only looks for exact matches to you search and if it cant find an exact match will ask you to search online instead. Would be nice if it could just give a list of close matches to your search.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Zekahz

No, it finds the street and even the distance. Only the driving way it can't find. Now it seems to work good.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

I'm tried it already, but still cannot. When I open Nokia Drive, it show "Looking for GPS", but I'm waiting a long time still can get my location on it. I'm already sent to Nokia Care, they help me to reset software, but after that still cannot. Is it hardware problem?

My phone settings:-

Wifi - Off

Data Connection - Off

Location - On

Find my phone - Connected

Nokia Drive 2.0 settings:-

Connection - Offline

Location - On

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

If you want to verify operation of the GPS receiver you could try the app WinGPS info which should give you a readout of your location. IF this does not happen please contact a local Nokia Care Point for further assistance.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jevgeni_j

Hi,

I'm trying to launch the nokia drive on my NOKIA lumia 800 phone. I've downloaded some maps, switched off the WiFi and turned on the location, but a get this message: Nokia Drive can only be used in online mode, Please check your netwirk connection. How do i start it offline? 

Regards,

JJ 

Please use plain text.
Professor

you need to update to version 2.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

I just get back my phone from Nokia Care centre today, this is my 3rd times go the centre, I'm very disappointed, the technician said: "THE NOKIA LUMIA 710 CANNOT USE OFFLINE MODE, YOU NEED TO HAVE WIFI OR DATA CONNECTION ON WHEN USING NOKIA DRIVE 2.0, BECAUSE THIS IS WINDOWS PHONE PROBLEM."

I'm continued to ask him, why the forumer here said can use offline mode and somebody said is hardware problem? He answer me: "I'm already asked the most expert technician from HQ, he own the Lumia 710 also, he said without wifi or data connection, you cannot connect to GPS."

My question now is: "Is this true?" can anybody answer me, thanks.

Regards,
Johne
(Malaysia)
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@johne_cheah,

Hi,

I have escalated this issue for you and will get back to you once I get feed back but suffice to say I have just tested a Lumia 710 offline with a U.K map and it seems to be working fine.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

Hie johne_cheah, i understand that you are from Malaysia. I am too =)

First thing's first, the Nokia Drive app does work offline (ie. without an active data connection) provided that you first downloaded the intended map together with the voice of your choice.

When you first launch the app, "locating for GPS" pops up and it will locked into you current position after about 5-10seconds or so. The only time that you will be prompted to go online is when you attempt to search for a destination but that you too have an option to do an "offline search" which works so far so good.

I am unaware of your phone as i'm using a Lumia 800 but i can confirm and re-confirm that Nokia Drive does work in offline mode.

Maybe you should try hard reset your entire phone (backup to be done firstly of course) and reinstall the maps.

Hope you get your issues resolved soon or you should just demand for a 1-for-1 replacement cause clearly, if the problem persisted on your phone, you're having a defective model.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

I'm forgot to ask the name of the technician and take a photo for the service note & let you see what his wrote. Maybe I should do that.
How can I do one to one replacement? Look like your staff cannot help me.
My service note number is JW49656 & JW49715, maybe you can give me a help. Thanks.

Regards,
Johne
(Malaysia)
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on this, we are currently looking into the issue and hope to be able to give you further information as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience,
Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SequoiaGrove

Hi, I am a happy Lumia owner since yesterday and I got the upgrade automatically this morning that allows me to use Drive offline. I confirm that it works on my Lumia 800.  It made a warning that "cant cannot to network - do you want to search offline " .

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

When the issue can be solved? hardware or software problem? Can it be solved within WARRANTY PERIOD? 4 months pass already.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kdimitris

Hello. Same problem here. Lumia 710. Maps preloaded. In Drive with online search I find a place, ask drive to and get the navigation working. After that I go offline, I go to latest searches and ask to drive to the previous location, then it cannot find it and asks me to go online. This way it is impossible to go away from a WiFi spot and have navigation working.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
luizrosario

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem of not being able to navigate the GPS without a data connection.

Anyone here have any solution? My phone is also Lumia 710.

Thank you for your attention.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

A forumer suggested go to Nokia Care Center. I'm already tried, but helpless. They reject to help me, the Nokia admin here also.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi johne_cheah,

As posted earlier we are currently investigating this and will come back to this thread to share any information we can as soon as we get it.

In the meantime, please be advised this is a user to user discussion support forum. While we , as forum moderators, will forward any issues we come across and help where we can you should always contact your local Nokia Care Line by mail, call or chat if you require direct support. They will also be able to advance a case to Nokia Care management if required.

Keep us informed, we will certainly let you know as any further information becomes available to us!

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Please use plain text.