Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Drive 2.0 offline

elwils

I found that I had problems updating to Drive 2 and using the maps already downloaded. So, I tried uninstalling maps then downloading again (after I had updated Drive) and this solved my problems working in offline mode. I'm not sure it will solve problems people are experiencing here but it might be worth a try.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ceron

I have Lumia 800 with Nokia drive 2.0 with no problems or whatsoever.
From my experience you should wait a couple of secs. Test it on your car not your house because GPS could not lock inside a house.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

hi elwils & ceron,

Thanks for your replied, I'm happy to heard that your phone are working. As what I mentions previously, my local Nokia Care Center still not updated their information regarding this. You can get the whole story about this in my previous post.
I just need Nokia to contact them to update the information or give me a letter so I can prove to them.

Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eepyaich

For what it's worth, I noticed the following which are related to this thread:

-  With the United Kingdom map installed, I was able to find a destination (Lymington pier) offline, but when I tried to navigate to it, I was told I needed to go on-line.

-  I then installed the "England" map as well at which point I was able to plan a route to the same location in offline mode.

Is it possible that the United Kingdom map is missing pieces compared to the individual countries?

[It is also worth saying that with just the UK maps I hit an error where I'd calculated the route by going online; while I was driving, though, I suddenly hit a point where I was told the offline maps were incomplete - I then had no roads displayed on my map, just features such as rivers (which I could tell were in the right place); going online in the app immediately solved the problem.  When I got home I reinstalled the UK maps but still couldn't get an offline route to Lymington pier, so don't believe there was a corruption with my specific copy of the map.]

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

Finally my problem solved with help from a forumer "chonglol". He had the same issue, so he provided me his service note number, I show it to my local Nokia Care Technician, after confirmation, he accept to change the motherboard for my phone.
After switched the motherboard, the phone is working for GPS already.
Thank you so much for chonglol.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bigcookie

Hello johne_cheah,

as I noticed in your comments above, your whole phone is switched to offline (no data connection). Nokia Drive needs GPS to work. The phones GPS antennas are much smaller than normal SatNavs and need additionally seeded data to find a quick GPS fix (caleld "aGPS") which is requested over teh data connection - it is a few kilobytes afaik. If oyu switch of data connection, the phone needs to get the GPS signal. For this you need a strong signal outside whcih you can keep without interruption to download informaiton from the satellites. As an example for my other phones: with aGPS it took 5-10s. Without it depends on the GPS antenna position and your phone. In very bad phones it can take 10 minutes or longer in open environments. In good ones (like for example a Nokia N8), it can happen within 1.5 minutes. SatNavs will need a similar time to get a fix.
So without online connection, no phone (I know) will find a GPS position in short time, if it was switcehd on the first time. I hoep this helps in understanding.

regards
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please use plain text.
audiporshe

Hi hello I have the same problem nokia drive as u did beforeI have nokia lumia 710 but cannot use nokia drive online neither offlinethe triangle thing did't move even i drove miles awayCan you help meWhat did u mean by showing the service note numberPlease help me thank you.

Please use plain text.
audiporshe

johne_cheah can you help me? I have the same problem as you did.

For your information I have nokia lumia 710.

The nokia drive doest work online either offline. It can pin point me but
when I press start drive in nokia drive, the triangle thing just froze even when
I drove miles away. I tried install uninstall, reset but nothing 

Please help me thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
muthukrishnanv

I too own a nokia lumia 710 in India. It does not connect to GPS in offline mode (data connection switched off). Can you provide us the service note number so that we can get the motherboard changed.
Please use plain text.