So coming from an Android phone with Google Navigation, now I have a Nokia Lumia 822 with Nokia Drive. There are a lot of things that I really miss but here are the top things needed to make this app useable.
1) Traffic Information - The route must show traffic information on the route I'm on plus those around it. Otherwise it is useless in high traffic areas like southern california.
2) Compare Route - The app should allow you to see what are the optional routes and how long it thinks each one will take (and this must take traffic information into account). This is my favorite feature in Google Navigation and it helps me feel that I've made the best choice on which route I'm taking.
3) Pessimestic Estimations - Please don't be like Garmin GPS devices and tell me I'll be somewhere sooner than is actually possible. I like the Google Navigation tends to be pessimistic about it's estimates so usually I can beat the estimated time of arrival. Beating that time feels like winning whereas with the Garmin I always felt frustrated that it took so much longer.
Please consider adding these features!
If any of them already exist, then please do a better job of documenting the application and how it works. Right now I have no idea if the time you estimate includes traffic time or not. I don't know if you'll reroute me if a freeway closes. I don't know anything about the app since I don't know where to find it.
Things I noted when traveling from Seattle and the Oregon coast:
1. High gps use and battery drain. I had to buy a 2 amp iPad car charger to keep the battery from draining.
2. Excellent as long as good gps signal.
3. Loses sanity rapidly when gps signal poor. Does not warn you --told us to turn at weird points where there was no road. Then it would tell us randomly every few miles 'keep left', keep right, 'enter the motorway'. We were laughing so hard it kept us awake. Had to exit the app to fix it.
4. Rather than telling you to turnaround, it tries to micromanage a turnaround. Since this usually happens when there is a poor gps signal, you can get really confused--as the app is also really confused. Doesn't help in the dark on HWY 101.
5.Tells me a turn is coming in 300 yards, when its really about 200-300 feet. The 3/4 mile warning is also off.
Items 3, 4, & 5 really need improvement.