Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: [Nokia Drive + Beta] Map download

Counsellor
4ns1bl3

[Nokia Drive + Beta] Map download

Hi,

Something I don't understand with Nokia drive... when I plan a trip, it suggests me to download the maps. BUT... I already downloaded the maps for the country I'm in, so I don't understand.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

[ Edited ]

Yes, it has done that for me too, I would ignore that message and continue on as usual and it takes you to the proper mapping and navigation functions and all of that.

It's just a persistent reminder more than anything, but it should really recognise the fact that the maps have already been downloaded, for sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TunaE

I asked the same question, and then figured out my own answer: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Nokia-Drive-Beta-map-updates/m-p/1652164#M42...
Using Nokia 920 running on Windows Phone 8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
4ns1bl3

About your solution... Does it mean that we can download the maps through Nokia Drive but we can update the maps only through Nokia maps? And so this is because the map exists, but is not up to date, that I get this warning message?

Or does it mean I have to download the maps twice, one for Nokia Drive and one for Nokia maps?

The "france" map on Nokia drive is about 600 MB, and when I search for updates on Nokia Maps it says there is an update and it will take 600 MB as well. Dunno if this means the France map will be then 1.2 GB, or if this means it will replace the previous 600 MB by an updated 600 MB though...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If it is shown as an update.. it will replace the existing maps data so the size will not be doubled... and the message appears even if you have the LATEST maps .. thats what happens in my case atleast ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
4ns1bl3

So, TunaE's solution is not really a solution :smileywink:

I think Nokia should then update their software to fix this... hey the app is called "beta" not for nothing :squint:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TunaE

Well... After I used [Nokia Maps] last night to update the USA map I had downloaded weeks ago through [Nokia Drive+ Beta], now my Nokia Drive stopped telling me "Map update recommended" every time I ask for a navigation... So, it worked for me, so far.

Using Nokia 920 running on Windows Phone 8
Please use plain text.