Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Drive for Windows Phone destinations con...

Counsellor
ninehundro

Nokia Drive for Windows Phone destinations consistantly off...

After using Nokia Drive a few times I have found that I cannot trust Nokia Drive to accurately locate the final destination.  It has been a block off twice and had another destination on the wrong side of the highway from its actual location.  (I am using business adresses to locate my destination in Nokia Drive.)

Do I need to report these inaccuracies to get these destinations corrected, or is Nokia still in the process of updating address locations in the US? 

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Re: Nokia Drive for Windows Phone destinations consistantly off...

Hi Paul,

I have the same behavior in Maps and Drive for Nokia N8 - and on http://maps.nokia.com/ for Denmark:

Navigation to a business name takes me to a street nearest a more or less accurate GPS(?) location of the business, not to the proper street address.

It has been like this for a long time. Now we have both reported it here! :smileyfrustrated:

On the map screenshot below, the navigation to "Livretten" ends at Vestre Bakkevej.

--

Hans

Maps Livretten location

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

Re: Nokia Drive for Windows Phone destinations consistantly off...

Thanks for the reply Hans. 

That is what I am finding.  Nokia Drive is consistantly off by a block or two from the actual address.  I hope a Nokia representitive will address this problem soon!

-Paul

-Paul
Please use plain text.