Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 GPS Not working at all

Lamarca

Nokia E6 GPS Not working at all

My brand new nokia e6-00 was great until GPS suddenly stop working...

Only get location via wifi or network but integrated gps is not working.

I spend 30 min in open field an could not get get gps fix.

any thoughs?

looks like hardware issue...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Lamarca

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried downloading GPS Info Qt from Ovi Store which collates a bit more information which might help diagnosis?http://store.ovi.com/content/165671

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Lamarca

Thanks..

Yes I did it and its same result...

No gps signal....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Lamarca

You're going to have to consider backing up all essential data prior to visiting Nokia Care Point, but it can sometimes be worth carrying out a "hard reset" of device to exclude any possible software corruption if you have reached this stage.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mektok

same with me....my E6 keeps displaying 'waiting for GPS'...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kingtabish

[ Edited ]

Pre-requisites for GPS to work.
1.) Install/Configure a working Internet Access Point on your cell phone. (Goto Settings --> Connectivity --> Destinations --> Access point)
2.) Within Positioning Methods[menu option] see to it that Assisted GPS, Integrated GPS, Wi-Fi/Network and Network based are ticked/checked.
3.) You are checking for GPS Signals in an open area... say terrace or an open ground.
Note: For the first time for the GPS to connect with your handheld it will take few minutes.

Please use plain text.
kdupke

My E6 also stopped to use GPS.

I'm in a roadming area at the moment so I have no network access at all (for my mobile).

I set the navigation to offline, however, the unit still tries to conncect.

I chose the Nokia (again) because its offline navigation. If navigation must have internet access I can switch to an android instead.

greetings kai

Please use plain text.
m0ex

same as here ,my gps suddenly stop working..i tried many ways to fix this but nothing worked out,if someone have any clue evidently we need help

Please use plain text.
Mister_J

Same problem!!! Tried everything. Some feedback on this issue is expected from Nokia!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eesthy

I always had the same problem with my Nokia GPS/Navigation, as you all guys! Same on my Nokia E71, than E72 and now on X7. Nokia GPS/Map works great for a few times, weeks or month than it goes wrong... and even reinstallation barely helps, only sometimes a little. While the phone is new it fixes to satellites in secs, than by time only in 1-2mins than lets say never, in 10-30min randomly... Nokia build and sound/signal quality is the best but Nokia is the worst smartphone...
Please use plain text.
kalidas1

Integrated GPS is not working suddenly in my nokia E6. The wifi signals are low, Is this caused by Belle refresh ver ?

I tried soft & hard rest. Nothing helped. The software version is the latest even after hard reset.

Please use plain text.