Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 and OVI maps issue after reset

Registered Member
timvdl900

Nokia E6 and OVI maps issue after reset

Since yesterday I own the E6, a great phone, especially the ability to use a BT mouse with it :smileyvery-happy:

Now I have one strange problem: I updated my OVI maps using the sw-update tool and also installed the new video sw and others that were offered by the sw-update utility on the phone. As I messed with a lot of other software I decided to hard reset my phone today.

After the reset the sw-update tool shows all software, except the OVI maps update. As the hard reset wipes also the internal memory everything is gone (even my backgrounds) I'm wondering why the OVI maps update is not available again. Does anybody know if the OVI maps update is flashed to the device instead of being "installed" like other software? Otherwise the maps tool should be wiped and therefore the old version should be restored after an update. I also tried recovering the phone with OVI suite (and a hard reset afterwards) but even OVI suite does not offer the maps update again.

Thanks for helping me in advance!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@timvdl900

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately exactly the same scenario followed release of N8 with a version 3.04 of Ovi Maps that couldn't be found anywhere else as was first of Symbian S^3 versions.

There is nothing to stop you installing version v3.08 Beta over at Nokia Beta Labs however (sign in with Nokia ID & password):http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timvdl900

[ Edited ]

As I'm just curious which version I'm running now maybe some people with an E6 who have updated the maps client can post their version number? And people who still have the update possibility in sw-update also? Then we know at least if the new version stays after the hard reset or that the old one is restored (and not willing to be updated again).

My version is now: v3.06 11wk23 b05

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yesseter

Hello. Today, my Nokia E6 offered me an upgrade for Nokia Maps. Everything went well (OTA upgrade). Unfortunately, after this upgrade, I cannot open the Maps. Phone just shows me an alert message, that "there is no support for Maps". Where is the problem?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Nokia don't appear to have properly tested the update or it has been corrupted in some way

This is a widespread problem with numerous people reporting the same error on a variety of phone models.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yesseter

Hope they will fix it soon. Unfortunately, it is not possible to reistall the fw via new Nokia Suite. Error 12017 appears at the beginning of instalation.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yesseter

I found the solution: If the Maps don´t work after upgrade, you need to go to the Nokia Store and find Maps. Install the Maps in your phone and they will work again.
Please use plain text.