Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

joeboy235
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

If I buy a nokia Lumia 520 for its non-phone uses (media player, camera etc), would I be able to also use the HERE drive and map functions?

I wouldn't be on a contract.

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

Hello, joeboy235.

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

Where are you located? Where did you purchase your phone? Here navigation is currently available in 95 countries. If your country is listed here: http://here.com/help/wp8/drive/coverage then you can use the Here services.

Let us know if there's something that you need to verify. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

joeboy235 wrote:

If I buy a nokia Lumia 520 for its non-phone uses (media player, camera etc), would I be able to also use the HERE drive and map functions?

If you mean with PAYG SIM in place and data connection disabled there should be no issue if regional mapping downloaded; however you won't get anywhere without a SIM in place as application crashes upon my 620 in such circumstances!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

scoobyman wrote:

If you mean with PAYG SIM in place and data connection disabled there should be no issue if regional mapping downloaded; however you won't get anywhere without a SIM in place as application crashes upon my 620 in such circumstances!

Have used my Nokia Lumia 920 for Navigation with NO SIM in place without any problem ...

Please use plain text.
joeboy235

Thanks for all your help!

I'm in the UK, and will be putting a PAYG sim in, downloading all the maps from the wifi at home, and then turning the data connection when I go out.

Sounds like that will work, which is great!

Thanks again everyone

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mhafols

Just always update your Nokia map HERE set in automatic update. even you have no data connection the GPS always on wherever you go.

Thanks to Nokia for making free.
Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

joeboy235 wrote:

Thanks for all your help!

I'm in the UK, and will be putting a PAYG sim in, downloading all the maps from the wifi at home, and then turning the data connection when I go out.

Sounds like that will work, which is great!

Thanks again everyone

Lumia 520 only have a HERE license and not the global HERE+ license. That means voice driving navigtion will not work if you use your phone while overseas.

Please use plain text.