Search Discussions:


Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

New Member
joeboy235
Posts: 2
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

If I buy a nokia Lumia 520 for its non-phone uses (media player, camera etc), would I be able to also use the HERE drive and map functions?

 

I wouldn't be on a contract.

 

Thanks a lot

Moderator
HDcoffee
Posts: 1,349

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

Hello, joeboy235.

 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

 

Where are you located? Where did you purchase your phone? Here navigation is currently available in 95 countries. If your country is listed here: http://here.com/help/wp8/drive/coverage then you can use the Here services.

 

Let us know if there's something that you need to verify. :smileyhappy:


Final Banner
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman
Posts: 10,000

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps


joeboy235 wrote:

If I buy a nokia Lumia 520 for its non-phone uses (media player, camera etc), would I be able to also use the HERE drive and map functions?


If you mean with PAYG SIM in place and data connection disabled there should be no issue if regional mapping downloaded; however you won't get anywhere without a SIM in place as application crashes upon my 620 in such circumstances!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Mobile Overlord
farby
Posts: 19,704

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps


scoobyman wrote:

If you mean with PAYG SIM in place and data connection disabled there should be no issue if regional mapping downloaded; however you won't get anywhere without a SIM in place as application crashes upon my 620 in such circumstances!



Have used my Nokia Lumia 920 for Navigation with NO SIM in place without any problem ...

New Member
joeboy235
Posts: 2

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

Thanks for all your help!

 

I'm in the UK, and will be putting a PAYG sim in, downloading all the maps from the wifi at home, and then turning the data connection when I go out.

 

Sounds like that will work, which is great!

 

 

 

Thanks again everyone

Advisor
mhafols
Posts: 14

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps

Just always update your Nokia map HERE set in automatic update. even you have no data connection the GPS always on wherever you go.

Thanks to Nokia for making free.
Professor
optiplex330
Posts: 282

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - HERE Drive and Maps


joeboy235 wrote:

Thanks for all your help!

 

I'm in the UK, and will be putting a PAYG sim in, downloading all the maps from the wifi at home, and then turning the data connection when I go out.

 

Sounds like that will work, which is great!

 

Thanks again everyone


Lumia 520 only have a HERE license and not the global HERE+ license. That means voice driving navigtion will not work if you use your phone while overseas.