Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Maps Israel

Registered Member
Radiolip

Nokia Maps Israel

Hi. 

Where the map of Israel? map is missing. How long to wait? 

I go to the android or iPhone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia Maps Israel

Last statement was that insufficient map data available for Israel which why not included in this recent list:http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA136594_en_US

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Radiolip

[ Edited ]

The map ready?

Map is missing not only in the: http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA136594_en_US

Map does not exist in smartphone, and missing in the nokia suite map loading.

Go to the link, country Israel, map is missing.: http://maps.nokia.com/

4 years people wait to the map, it's not good from Nokia side.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Moty

there is really no excuse for lack of Israel in nokia's maps. bing and google have it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ngiyo24

Apple maps,bing maps, google maps,all other maps have Israel in their list.. Why only nokia maps don't want to put Israel on their list? For what reason? I'm planning to buy lumia 920 now but how can I enjoy full potential of the phone when it lacks of Nokia support.. ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
erike3198

[ Edited ]

Yes its upsetting, there is data on Bing Maps, and even on Navteq's website, but not on maps.nokia.com or on Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive. It makes me not want to order my Lumia 920 :smileysad:

Doesn't Microsoft and Nokia share their Maps now?

Not that I needed the map since I live in NY, but just on principal.

*note; comments not allowed under the Nokia Support Discussions guidelines removed

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Laupster

Yesterday I bought a Nokia 610 because I wanted to use the navigation for travelling in Israel. I just found out that Nokia Drive doesn't have a map of Israel and I'm really angry about it. If Nokia can't deliver a map of Israel then Nokia is for me out of business.

I think Microsoft should adress this issue with their business partner.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
biconix

Last week at the Microsoft BUILD conference Nokia gave out over 3000 Nokia 920 phones to developers. they encouraged us to write spps for the phone. when i tried to download the map of Israel for an app I have in mind, I could not find the map anywhere. I was able to find every other country i looked for.

as there is no technical reason why the maps are not available and i can't think of an economic reason either, i can't help but wonder if there is a political reason. I hope someone from Nokia or Microsoft will be able to address this issue.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi Biconix,

I do recall seeing even a few years ago on the information for Nokia Maps in the about screen that map data was due to Navteq except for Israel or Iran or one of the countries around that region. I understand it may be a political reason (or politically volatile environment) that map data isn't provided, and that is perhaps why Nokia does not want to be involved. As it may be a sensitive issue and noone wants to offend anyone sensitive, that's as far as we know.

As this is a user to user forum only, you may get a more detailed and concrete answer by contacting Nokia directly, by clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

To add Biconix,

Please read this article at the question asked: "Nokia’s location service covers an impressive part of the world, but I belive there are some countries with missing maps, is that something you’re working on, or are there external reasons stopping that from happening (government policies)?". That may help you out there.

link here: http://mynokiablog.com/2012/11/14/exclusive-qa-with-nokias-mapping-team-on-here-iosandroid-apps-city...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alonroz

[ Edited ]

Israel maps are now available on the Maps and Drive applications. At the moment street names are reversed, and no GPS Turn-by-Turn is available. Still waiting :/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
biconix

i do not see those maps under any continent. where do you see them?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alonroz

You can't download the maps for offline use yet. Look at my other thread here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Nokia-Maps-and-Nokia-Drive-Beta-maps-for-Isr...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Daves1111

Any idea when israel map will be available for c7?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BenArnon

Today I downloaded the Israel Map from Nkia. I did not check it , yet. I have been waiting for the map since yers.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Will the Israel map be available for Nokia Maps 3.0.4 on E72?
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rechovi

Same question. Will it be available for e72? Not showing in list of maps for download.

Who has been able to download it so far? Only windows phone users? Is it working fine for turn by turn navigation?

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

> Same question. Will it be available for e72? Not showing in list of maps for download.

The exact same question from me, too.
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rechovi

OK. Still no sign of it on symbian phones.

Can I ask, is the actual turn by turn offline navigation maps available on the lumias now? Would consider upgrading to a windows nokia if it was, but had a play with a 920 in the shop, and israel map wasn't showing as available for download. Wasn't sure if that was because the phone's software was out of date, or because the maps for nokai drive weren't available still.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rechovi

OK. I can answer re the lumias at least. I took the plunge and bought a 920. Good offer at the the moment in UK by the way in case it's of use to anyone - £250 on pay as you go in the EE stores. Works with virgin mobile sims as well as orange and t mobile.

Anyway, as I was correctly advised in a separate thread on here, Israel maps are available for download for offline turn by turn drive on the 920.

Have to say, so far I am very pleased with the 920 too. Glad to see the back of the ram notifications that made using the internet and various other apps impossible in the end on the e72. Miss the qwerty, but slowly getting used to touchscreen typing!

Please use plain text.