Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Maps - Israel

Contributor

Nokia Maps - Israel

hello everyone,

i live in Israel and bought my N95.

i saw on Nokia Maps that there is coverage (although not Navigable) for Israel.

despite that - Nokia Map Loader does not display an Israel map for download.

i wanted to ask: is it just me? or does nobody has it as an option?

Thank you,
Guy.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia Maps - Israel

I am also interested in N95 maps for Israel. Please help! In the short term, I'd settle for the non-navigable maps, but I don't even see those on the Map Loader.

Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

uh.. is it possible that it doesn't work the way you want it because of the conflict in the country. The PLO or whatever and israel middle east thing...?
Does Nokia have product Beta-Testing nowadays?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

This has nothing to do with that...

Under 'Coverage' (http://europe.nokia.com/A4509369) it lists Israel under Asia (which is right), however there is no Israel listed anywhere in Map Loader... why?

does anybody have Israel as an option in Map Loader?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

You're right guyshaha. Idon't know anything about map loader and stuff. Good luck finding what you want/need. Peace out guyshaha.
Does Nokia have product Beta-Testing nowadays?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

where can i get maps for Israel ?

nokia 5800

Please use plain text.

I think it is a shame that no NOKIA representative has replied on this yet.

I have N97 and are faced with the same problem

I have the latest MAPs application - but it is useless and just taking up storage space,

If no resolution for this soon

I will have to remove it from my Phone...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Nokia representitlves are a rare bread around here

These are predomanantly user to user support forums

if you want an answer from Nokia use the Contact us tab above

However I would imagine it is diffcult to liscence map data from Isreil due to the conflict in the country, especialy for small GPS devices that would fit neatly into the front end of a rocket

I think that Google maps may provide a map tho there navigation is still under development

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

synth_fg wrote:
I would imagine it is diffcult to liscence map data from Isreil due to the conflict in the country, especialy for small GPS devices that would fit neatly into the front end of a rocket

Don't you think that a (GPS) guided missile would be launched from abroad?

We have all sorts of pocket GPS devices on sale in Israel. However, if there is a built-in GPS antenna in my mobile phone I'd better use it than bother taking with me one more device. There are several vendors that issued navigation programs for Israel on Symbian OS, i.e. Sygic. It runs well on Nokia E66 (Symbian 9.2), but fails to start up on my Nokia 5730 (Symbian 9.3).

Please use plain text.

Yeah, I use Google Maps now.  I really dislike Nokia, to be honest.
Please use plain text.
Professor
XploitMachine

There are no Israel maps available for Nokia OVI maps currently, its available for Garmin customers :smileyhappy:
I'm an Xploit - Please feel free to post your issues, feedbacks in this discussion forum and I'll do my level best to help, otherwise my knowledged friends whom are around willing to help you. Thank you !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i would like to join your patition! (however you spell that word). GIVE US NOKIA MAPS FOR ISRAEL! especially now thats its going to be free!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi synth , 

With all my respect , Iran is in Nokia Maps and  there is a conflict there right ?

Also in half of the world they have a conflicts so I think this is purely politics .

Regards, 

Ygal 

Please use plain text.

hey nokia - what gives? no maps for israel? are you working on it? ANY info on this? thanks
Please use plain text.

I would also like to add my frustration with Nokia for leaving out Israel!

This is really annoying and will eventually backfire on Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox

Chaverim, This it totally political on Nokia's part! Just received e-mail from Nicky E. at Nokia Careline. She says "Currently, Israel supports non-navigable maps (as most countries). All non-navigable countries are available for download via Map Loader, however they may not be listed as individual countries." ie. Download the whole of Asia and you get Israel Maps. I tried this and it didn't add Israel to the maps. They're just to worried about the Arab boycott to list Israel! Of course, they've got no problem selling us phones and pocketing the money! Nokia! Have the strength of conviction! Either give 100% service to Israel or sell elsewhere!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Szmissz

I'm afraid that in this case, it is not politics, but business... See, due to security reasons, the only company that is allowed to make a digital map of Israel is Mapa GISrael. Google has bought the map from them (see for yourself on google maps), Nokia has not. They buy their maps from Teleatlas and NAVTEQ, who have no coverage of Israel. Simple as that...

Please use plain text.

I have NDrive running on my Nokia N86MP.  I can't say that I'm thrilled with it but clearly there is no obstacle to getting maps with all sorts of points of interest on them.  Orange (my Israeli cellular operator) has their own version of "Orange maps".  So maybe they are just trying to milk the Israeli consumer for something they are giving the rest of the world for free.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrvx

Hi, 

I will go to Israel in October. How is the 3g or edge coverage in Israel? As I understood, the ovi maps dont help me in Israel. I have use google maps. Another question - is there some kind of prepaid phone sim card to use them for 3g network?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RightOK

Yes, its the conflict in the country that does it. Use Google maps instead.
Please use plain text.