Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Maps Issue in Lumia 710

HereMaps

Nokia Maps Issue in Lumia 710

[ Edited ]

Hope someone pays attention to this.

The only Nokia product, Nokia Maps is working way too poorly.

In USA, I am having a horrible experience with Nokia Maps. I am listing few of the instances.

1. It is not able to locate Walmart location.

I searched for Walmart, and it gave me location as 150 RT-70, Evesham Twp, 08053. When I drove to that place with my friend, there is just a broken building. No walmart. After I compared it with Google maps, the location is absolutely different. Check it yourself.

2.Giving wrong directional path

I was driving with my friends from Long Beach Island, NJ to Mount Laurel NJ. The map showed me way to drive to a toll road and then into other street. It made us drive 25 miles etc. How I know, we followed google maps while going and used the nokia maps while coming back. After coming back, when we compare the paths, we got the genious inside the Nokia Maps. It cost both time and money to us.

3. Not able to locate Best Buy.

I tried to drive to Best Buy, at Nixon Dr, Mt Laurel, NJ. The maps tell the Best Buy location to be at place, where there is actually exit for I295-South. Best Buy is 300 m further from it, on the straight line. Had to take assistance of Google maps after that.

4. If I am driving through a road which has a adjacent service lane. The maps keeps on showing that I am driving on the service lane, and then goes with it turn left, turn right slogan.

All these times, some or other friend had been with me, now non of them wants to buy Nokia phone. They do not even want me to open the maping service even on the phone. I gave the locations to tell this is a genuine complain.

Kindly let me know if Nokia Maps are safe to use in USA.

--

************@gmail.com

Moderator's note: Name and e-mail address were removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
HereMaps

Re: Nokia Maps Issue in Lumia 710

Thanks for editing the name and email address. It was given only for the reason that someone from Nokia may reply to me. I hope the issue has been read, and someone may give a genuine solution to the issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

Re: Nokia Maps Issue in Lumia 710

I can confirm that the same dysfunction is in the Swedish database with 710.

Supermarkets from big chains are not found. Maybe they still exist in the database, but since it's impossible to search POIs by detailed categories, who knows? The routing gives much less accurate suggestions than i.e. Google maps.

No updates has come for over a year. With experience of earlier Nokia phones, the Lumia seams to be a dead end.

Please use plain text.