Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 upgrade annoyance

Counsellor
avalx

Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 upgrade annoyance

I've just upgraded to Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 via Noka SW Updater and everything looks OK (apart from the always present problems with Assisted GPS Positioning method). But now everytime I connect my phone to the PC with Nokia Suite, I always get the message that there is an application (i.e. Nokia Maps Suite 2.0) available to install. How do I get rid of this annoyance?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Have you started the app on your phone yet?

Please start maps on your phone... and if possible install the latest maps using the map loader.

If you're still having issues trying the latest beta version from here should fix the issue: http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

I did both: started the app and updated the maps (there was no updates on maps only the voice guidance). I also notice that the free memory on C:smileytongue:hone Memory droped dramatically: from cca. 84MB to around 64MB (not sure if this is due to this upgrade). Is there a way to remove and reinstall the Maps completely?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Just go to your settings, applications and then remove Nokia Maps and any other related installation. However I would suggest trying the beta first.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

I've tried the beta version - same problem persist. I also removed Nokia Maps, but can not see any other related installtion to remove. As per Beta site: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- How to Uninstall In order to remove the Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 package from the device, the following needs to be removed in (Menu -> Settings -> Installations -> Installed applications): Drive Guides Headless Map and Navigation Map and Navigation Map Apps Maps Settings Plugin Nokia Maps Nokia Maps Engine Nokia Maps ODML Nokia Maps Suite Nokia Public Transport Places Widget Qt AdConnector SyncShareV2Quick Weather --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't see any of those in my phone!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@avalx

In order to remove the Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 package from the device, the following needs to be removed in (Menu > Settings > Installations > Installed applications):

• Drive
  • Guides
  • Headless Map and Navigation
  • Map and Navigation
  • Map Apps
  • Maps Settings Plugin
  • Nokia Maps
  • Nokia Maps Engine
  • Nokia Maps ODML
  • Nokia Maps Suite
  • Nokia Public Transport
  • Places Widget
  • Qt AdConnector
  • SyncShareV2Quick
  • Weather

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

aspergerguy wrote:

@avalx

In order to remove the Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 package from the device, the following needs to be removed in (Menu > Settings > Installations > Installed applications):

• Drive
  • Guides
  • Headless Map and Navigation
  • Map and Navigation
  • Map Apps
  • Maps Settings Plugin
  • Nokia Maps
  • Nokia Maps Engine
  • Nokia Maps ODML
  • Nokia Maps Suite
  • Nokia Public Transport
  • Places Widget
  • Qt AdConnector
  • SyncShareV2Quick
  • Weather

As I said in my previous post, I don't see ANY of those in my phone (even after restart)!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

[ Edited ]

I also tried and restore phone settings and applications from my backup (backup is dated before I updated Maps Suite) but it obviously does nothing to restore Maps Suite to previous version and still the same annoyance is present :smileymad:

Anybody knows how to remove Maps Suite and everything related to it permanently?

Please use plain text.
covenanth

Its so very true...even I am annoyed too with this stupidity from nokia....Initially after the installtion of the package it dropped my phone c drive memory from 110MB to 90MB...now after 2 hrs of usage again I accidently opened the file manager and to my surprise the phone memory is now 71MB...I am really disappointed with nokia...m trying to find a way to uninstall this **bleep**...I too cannot see ANY thing on the app installations menu...the whole thing seems to be disappeared!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

I don't know why but the nagging about Maps Suite 2.0 in Nokia Suite suddenly disappeared :smileysurprised:

Still the low memory issue did not go away :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I too would like to remove some of Maps 2.0 especially the public transport as it only covers London for the UK - it has plenty US cities which is useless unless you live or visit there - so it is useless to me but non of maps 2.0 is listed under installations; I can't even uninstall using a long press on any of the apps as delete doesn't appear as a choice.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rjunchaya

I have experience the sam problem with Maps 2.0. I had installed beta version and then installed the commercial version thru Nokia Suite. But every time I connect to Nokia Store I keep receiving an info that there's a upgrade aailable for Nokia Mpas. I download it and supposedly installs, but nothing changes, and the upgrade option keeps reappearing. And my Maps version seems not to have changed from v. 3.09 12wk09 b05 (isn't this the beta version?)

I tried to unistall from Settings->Installations->Installed applications, but NONE of the programs listed to unistalled appears to be installed. What can I do then?

Rafael J

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UncleDekka

Add me to the list of also having this problem.

Nokia "support" have been frankly useless on this issue too. 4 emails back and forward to them - including screen shots - and the best they can do is tell me to uninstall from my phone (N8). However, as has been pointed out on here already there is no option to uninstall.

They even sent me the "latest" version of the store which was infact about 3 generations old.

It might not be a major problem but it's extremely annoying. Nokia's lack of proper response just furthers that feeling of annoyance.

I've been tempted to get myself a new phone for some time now. The way it's going it sure as hell isn't going to be a Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
nismonet

avalx, very similar problem is described in this thread: Permament Nokia Maps Suite 3.9.95 update in Nokia Store.

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

After installation of latest maps suite from store the applications are not listed anymore in appmanager.

But you're able to uninstall the whole mapssuite, or only public transport (for those who can't use it in their region like me)

Go to file manager, open C: there are 2 files:

1. 20001f63_uninstall.sisx  ( this is for mapssuite )

2. 2003deae_uninstall.sisx ( this is for public transport )

Uninstalled public transport at this way on my N8, cause I can't use it in my region, successfully and got some mb on C: :smileyvery-happy:

The uninstaller stays on C but the app gets removed from phone.

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.