Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Maps v3.8

Mobile Guru

Nokia Maps v3.8

[ Edited ]

I just installed on my N8 running v25 the new Nokia Maps v3.8 which came up as an update on Nokia Suite. Installation completed OK, but I cannot launch the application - "Maps: Feature not supported!".

I cannot see any Maps entry in the list of Installed Apps in the App manager, so I cannot uninstall.

I have downloaded maps to my handset and I can see them in Nokia Suite no problem.

Any ideas ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jussit

Exactly the same problem here with E7 and this new Maps application, that I just updated using Program Updates tool under Applications menu.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chrisgaunt69

Same again, both my N8 and wifes C7 stopped loading up the 'Maps' app (3.8) or the 'Drive' app today.

Got mine working again by deleting the Maps app and reinstalling 3.6.

Can't do that on the C7 as it doesn't show up in the application manager !!!

Help !!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ssnickerssovi

The same too on N8

Please use plain text.
Contributor

i just had the same issue with my C7 , nokia suite notified me that there is a new update for maps which is 3.08 . after installation , my C7 says that this version is not supported . please help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

1. Download and install an old build of Nokia maps 3.08. This is a full installer and not net installer.
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe maps 3.08.sis
This means that all the apps will be replaced during installation with an old version of app. Online install doesn’t do this as it finds a newer or same version already available and skips its install.
2. Once you have installed the old version, start “Maps” again. It should work the way it used to.
3. Now, download the officially available Nokia Maps 3.08 latest beta for Symbian Anna from here. Nokia Maps v3.08 with Weather | Nokia Beta Labs
4. Install the latest beta. This will be an online installer and will update all apps.
5. Reboot and everything will work fine. Verify by running all apps, one after the other.

Instead of 3 above you can also uninstall the beta 3.8 following the instructions from the betalabs page and install 3.6 from the Nokia store instead, whatever you prefer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Fix released today hopefully has solved the problem, didn't work for me first but later after uninstalling few items, latest maps update was through on my E7.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Hi

Maps 3.8 says better Drive function but I need to know whether 3.8 has Walk function as well. Both Street and Straight Line.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

[ Edited ]

Yes it does but it seems only to do so if you have the address added under favourites/starred or if you look under the options list of places (eat & drink, transport etc), then a long press on the address will give you the choice of drive or walk. settings for streets/straight line are press the 'cog' button then Extras, settings, maps & walk, route settings then choose preferred route (streets or straight line).

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

Doctor9fan wrote:

Yes it does but it seems only to do so if you have the address added under favourites/starred or if you look under the options list of places (eat & drink, transport etc), then a long press on the address will give you the choice of drive or walk. settings for streets/straight line are press the 'cog' button then Extras, settings, maps & walk, route settings then choose preferred route (streets or straight line).

Or in Map mode just move the cursor over the location on the map that you want to walk to and long press the location bar at the very top of the screen. Among other options Walk To will be offered.

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Or in Map mode just move the cursor over the location on the map that you want to walk to and long press the location bar at the very top of the screen. Among other options Walk To will be offered.

Thanks. In that case, it will be very similar to 3.6.

1. Find the destination, either under favorite or search or move the cursor.

2. On top of screen, long press to bring up bring up "option" like "Walk to" or "Drive to" or "Add to route" etc etc.

Am I correct?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
albyzas

Hi, there! Sorry for interrupting your conversation.

Yesterday I updated my Ovi Maps to the newest version. Everything works just fine (sorry those for who it doesn't) but the new look doesn't seem so exciting for me. The Main menu has disapered and I realy miss that.

My questions are:

1. Where could I find the Maps manual, description or something where all these "long press" functions are described?

2. How does it work with "wrong address reporting"? Once tried it from my E6 but sadly nothing happened.

Regards,

Albyzas

Nokia E6-00
Please use plain text.
Contributor
moudi

Today i used the ovi maps 3.08 to go to my job and i realized that as i was driving my n8 trying to connect to internet using wi fi. And always failed because there was no wi fi spot. When i arrived back at  home my n8 connected to my router wi fi and when i closed the maps the wifi of my phone closed and connect again by itself. Iclose it manually but it connect by itself again. Only when I reboot the phone is everything ok till i open the ovi maps again. Does anybody know which is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
albyzas

Very short solution:

in settings menu of your navi, check the network settings, and you should use automatic - which means that your app will use your default network settings to connect to internet and transfer preciuos data.

Nokia E6-00
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

optiplex330 wrote:

...2. On top of screen, long press to bring up bring up "option" like "Walk to" or "Drive to" or "Add to route" etc etc.

Am I correct?...

Yes, except can save to Favorites but not add to route. Ver 3.08 does not do routes with intermediate waypoints as far as I can see in the just released version (although I have not explored looking very hard for it). The beta was the same and to save me typing a lot of words :smileyhappy: if you go to the Nokia Beta Labs site you will find quite a lot of discussion about removal of this.

It would be nice to have it but frankly I have not found it to be as much of an issue as I first thought it might be. That because I normally just used intermediate waypoints for places I wanted to stop at enroute. It is very easy in that case to just from that waypoint click the next destination in the favorites list (or hover over and click "Drive to" or "Walk to").

Still does not do bluetooth to headsets but my understanding is that is a phone firmware issue not the Maps app itself.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
albyzas

Using Drive app of the Nokia Maps, doesn't seem to show the Time of arrival or Travel time as it was in the previous version. Really uncomfortable! Or maybe don't know where to look at? Need help here. Please reply the pros?

Nokia E6-00
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

albyzas wrote:

Using Drive app of the Nokia Maps, doesn't seem to show the Time of arrival or Travel time as it was in the previous version. Really uncomfortable! Or maybe don't know where to look at? Need help here. Please reply the pros?

I don't know what version you are using but in ver 3.08 just tap the distance display and a menu will pop up giving you the options of Travel Time, Time of Arrival and Distance to Go.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamima52

Using Drive, how do the favourites work? I also cant get the contacts to work ??

Please use plain text.