Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N86 fw 11.043

Advisor

Nokia N86 fw 11.043

I've Nokia N86 with fw 11.043, I'd like to know when Ovi Maps 3.03 (with free navigation) will be available for my phone and also if when it will'be availabe I have to update my fw or it works alòso with firmware 11.043

Carlo

K + C = 1
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

It was meant to be available from today, but doesn't seem to be.

However, if you were to tell the nokia site you had an e52, download the .sis file to your computer and then copy it to your n86 c: using the usb then it will install and has been working fine for me so far.  Get the maps updater too, so then you can download the maps to your pc and transfer them to your phone.  Good luck

Please use plain text.
Advisor

But this .sis works with fw 11.043? or I have to update my firmware?
K + C = 1
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Not a clue, imagine it should do though...but here's an idea.  Try it.  If it works, great.  If it doesn't, then perhaps go for the firmware upgrade?

Btw, I deleted all maps and associated files from memory BEFORE installing the 3.03 version.  Up to you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Why can nokia not just give us a licens fore navigating with cars maps 3.0 , then you would not have to uninstall?
Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

because their free license only applies to maps 3.03, maps 3.0 is not supported by this offer.
If, from time to time, I actually give a good advice, please click on the Kudos icon, I have cookies and free hats!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

But when does N86 suport 3.03. I have seen some people download E52 version and it worked with the old firmware but not with the new. I feel fooled by Nokia. What a mistake.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

N86 does support 3.03, the software update is available since yesterday, and it works great with the latest firmware (v21). It should work for you too.
If, from time to time, I actually give a good advice, please click on the Kudos icon, I have cookies and free hats!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Where I can take this update? On nokia web it doesn't and also by OTA...If I know I can try immediatly if it works ok with my fw 11
K + C = 1
Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

Menu - Applications - Software updates. It should appear there.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I recieve the answer : "your programs is already updated" This is very strange and i can still by expensive licenses. Very confusing when you know that an uptadate is coming and than you know that Google maps very soon coming with a navigation mode for par. ex. Symbian S60. How wil they get me who have an expensive N86 to one more Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

On my phone is not available...probably for italy it will come soon and in your country it's just available...I'll try again tomorrow...waiting for update

Message Edited by karl70 on 29-Jan-2010 10:42 AM
K + C = 1
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi

Does anyone know if the trick of using the E52 data, also works on the N82?

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I can't find 3.3 on my N86!

Can't wait to get it!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Check out Nokia's reply to my query!!

==========================

With regard to your enquiry, we regret to hear that you have been facing ongoing issues to set up your navigation for your phone. Furthermore, please be informed that the Nokia N86 8MP is indeed not one of the phone that is part of the promotion. Please note that the current promotion is targeted to certain devices, listed on the below website:

www.nokia.com/maps

On the other hand, in the mean time, you will be recommended to purchase a navigation license for your phone to use the turn-by-turn navigation system. However, we will be forwarding your comments to the relevant department for further discussion on enabling more phones to enjoy the promotion and we recommend you to stay updated by visiting our above mentioned website regularly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I know that N86 8mpx is not included in this free navigation offer but I think that Nokia have to increase phones included in this offer because, for example, N86 in not an old model...it will be better in this Free navigation as soon as possible is included in other models actually not present in this list (that however include few models)
K + C = 1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Another optimstic reply from Nokia!

=================

With regards to your enquiry, kindly be informed that Nokia N86 8MP is not compatible for Nokia Map 3.03 that is supporting the free navigation licence for 1 week. For more information, kindly follow the link:

http://maps.nokia.com/explore-services/ovi-maps/downloads#/default/

On the other hand, hopefully your phone model will be included in list soon, so keep yourself updated by visiting our website (the given website).

Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

well, this is very strange.. if the phone is not supported, how come the update appeared in my software updates list, and i've installed and used it since? i tend to believe that the ones which sent you that mail just entered maps.ovi.com and looked into that list..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I agree this is very strange! It doesn't appear on my sw update! When I refresh the updates I only see Python for S60 2.0!

I'm getting mad that I can't find it!!

Did you install Python? Or is this irrelevant?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I do not think zomgdude is telling the truth or he does he have a special deal.

Nokia is selling us an expensive NEW mobile and expect us to pay a  500 sek for a year when other new mobiles get it for free. I will wait for googel earth navigation mode which i think will come soon and the they can have their badwill for them self.

Its like they turn around and with a smile says: HA HA HA!!!!!. Better luck next time. This is my last Nokia.

Please use plain text.