Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Ovi Maps Iraq for Nokia E5

Contributor
umapathyxp

Nokia Ovi Maps Iraq for Nokia E5

Nokia Ovi maps request me to update the suit and I did. Currently my suit version is 3.1.1.90. On 1st Sep 11 on the way from my home country Sri Lanka to Iraq in dubai transist , I bought a Nokia E5 phone on the dubai free shop (http://www.panoramio.com/photo/58338799) and the sales men told me that it had that it support Iraq maps too. My application detects my device there is no problem with that. It also preloaded with Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Savudi Arabia, United Arba Emirates which I don't require but doesn't matter for me as it have enough space. All I need is Iraq map which I cannot find it in Ovi Maps. It looks strange that close by countries to Iraq are available?. When I load the ovimaps in the webbrowser I can see Iraq. Based on that and based on the sales men promise I bought Nokia E5 phone. I was surprised to see Iraq is not available in the Ovimaps. Has anything gone wrong due to Ovi Maps update or it's not available at all. If Ovi maps for Iraq cannot be used what other maps can be used for Nokia E5 phone. Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Ovi Maps Iraq for Nokia E5

Sorry..but there isn't any Map Coverage available for Iraq.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
umapathyxp

farby, if I cannot use ovi maps then what other maps can I use with Nokia E5 mobile?. Why the ovimaps webversion have some maps for Iraq but not the nokia mobile? I feel that I have wasted my money with this nokia handset which and the salesmen have cheated me. Was there any plan in future that Iraq maps will be availabe in furture? To prevent the salesmen from cheating others I will disclose the shop details below.

Dubai Duty Free,

Dubai International Airport,

P.O.Box 831 Dubai,

United Arab Emirates,

Tel: (9714)2162453

Fax:smileysad:9714)2244164

TollFree:smileysad:971)800-DUTY-FREE

Customer Service Department
customer.service@dde.ae 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@umapathyxp

It is not strictly true that there is no mapping for Iraq but that it is non-navigable (not enough detail) with only real difference between 00.01.26.113 on your E5 running Ovi Maps v3.04 and that of 00.02.43.117 for devices running v3.06 & later is transit lines.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
umapathyxp

aspergerguy , thanks for the reply. Iraq map is fine with me and actually asked the salesmen about the map not about the navigation. Though I apprecaite the navigation but not the priority for me. 

Problem I have is that I don't have any Iraq map in Nokia E5 handset. How do I install a map on my Nokia E5 handset?. Ovi maps doesn't show Iraq map at all?. Is it because of the update happend aftere I purchase the nokia mobile?. Where did you get the map shown in the above post?. How can I get the same map?. I really appreciate if you can help on this. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@umapathyxp

To help out on forum I have downloaded all five continents directly from map servers so this usually includes what is available for non-navigable countries too. If you set Ovi Maps application "Online" via a WLAN access point if available and zoom down to current position it will download what detail is available and if traverse across area in horizontal strips this will find any map tiles and success is recorded by changes in the kb meter download.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
umapathyxp

@asperguy, thanks for the reply but downloading all maps is not practical for 2 reasons. First I do not have enougth space in my mobile SD card secondly I do not have a speedy internet connection http://www.speedtest.net/result/1473099294.png.I shall be thakful if Nokia can allow only to download Iraq maps from Nokia from the Ovi maps menu. I am sure this will not only help me but also others from the internet connection. Thanks.

Please use plain text.