Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Suite failing to download maps

Contributor
hoverkraft
Accepted Solution

Nokia Suite failing to download maps

[ Edited ]

Ok. I am using 5800 xpressmusic. Today (30.06.2012) I updated my Nokia Suite to the latest version. My phones software version is up to date too. After update I decided to update my Maps too. But during update it said " no internet connection" and stopped to update process. There were no internet connection loss at that time because I was surfing internet. I tried again. This time it opened the list of maps (because my maps has gone during failed update process) But it could not download any maps. Nokia's circle is turning but no data is transfering. I tried Nokia Suite from Nokia Beta labs. After that I uninstalled/reinstalled nokia maps from my phone... But noting helped.

This is my screenshot: http://i47.tinypic.com/2h3sfix.jpg

Ps: I installed my backup file from today before all off this but nothing has changed :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@hoverkraft

After un-installing Nokia Maps you may have to backup all data upon your 5800XM and reset device to "Out of box" state by keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lockcode unless altered by user).

Your 5800XM is running Ovi Maps v3.06 not v3.04 as would have expected map of Turkey to be a bit larger?

Assuming that you have http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk23_b05_s60_5...installed upon device you can use latest 0.2.43.103 map data.

You might need to delete E:\cities + .qf file then re-start Maps application to re-create necessary folder structure for Nokia Suite to recognise.

As a last resort maps for Turkey could always be manually installed by downloading and decompressing Turkey 

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hoverkraft

I reset my phone by keying *#7370#
Than I deleted E:\cities + .qf folder and file
after that I installet ovi_maps_installer_3.06 of yours.
but nothing changed! I still cant download maps.
Your link for manually installing maps is not working too.
I thingk this is caused by Nokia Suit... maybe older versions could solve this problem. Where can I find older version of Nokia Suite?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

hoverkraft wrote:

Your link for manually installing maps is not working too.

At time of this post link for Turkey downloads just fine (UK), so perhaps there is an Internet issue precluding accessing map server which is why Nokia Suite > Maps appears not to be working for you.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hoverkraft

[ Edited ]

How can I (or we) check this possibility if its true? Who can answer us if map servers ok for Turkey? Any idea? Or do you know any other navigation app for nokia 5800? With offline maps ofcourse?

Btw thanks for your interest!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hoverkraft

[ Edited ]

I still cant update my maps. Actually I have any maps. Even today Nokia Suit beta updated to version 3.5.21.0 nothing has changed. I can login and download / install apps by using suite. But when I try to download / update maps it doesnt work. That  Nokia circle turns for a minute and then suit says "first connect to internet" I am already, damm it! Is here any way upload maps to my device manually?

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hoverkraft

Mystery solved! I was using Open DNS for bypass my countriy's cencorship. I opened my network then internet connection properties and made it "Obtain DNS server address automaticaly" and  VOILA! But its weird that with Open DNS; Nokia Suit works, I can Login, download and install apps.. But not update/download maps... Well... Anyway...

Thank's for watching me while embarrasing myself :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thesappho

I also second this. Issue was with Open DNS. It seems Open DNS does not successfully resolve IP addresses for nokia map servers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maosxs

DNS problem...  Sure...  I've never thought of this. :smileysurprised:

Thank you very much!  That solved my same problem, too. :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.