Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0...

Technical Expert
Accepted Solution

Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0.2.47.103

Please see below for a statement concerning the offline navigation problem with Maps 3.06 after updating to the latest map data 0.2.47.103:

Nokia has released a new map data release for the Symbian and WP7 Location Based Applications (Nokia Maps 3.06 – 3.09, Nokia Drive for WP7) on 21st December 2012 (map data version no. is 0.2.47.103). Unfortunately, due to a problem with the Maps 3.06 application on Symbian, the offline routing and navigation functionality, which is a key feature of our offering, were not working any more with the new map data. This lead to the fact that customers using Nokia Maps 3.06 could no longer use the offline navigation capability, but only online navigation and routing. The reason for this problem was that Maps 3.06 uses some different components in the application (so called “middleware”) than the other application versions.

We have taken action now on this and disabled the map data release 0.2.47.103 for the users using Nokia Maps 3.06. Customers using this Nokia Maps release will get map data release 0.2.46.103 instead for the time being. If you have been affected by this problem, please erase all map data from your device by removing the folder “cities” and a file called “qf”, usually located on the mass memory of your device, then start the Maps application once on your device and download the map data again via the On-device Map Loader (select Update from the Maps main menu) or via Nokia Suite.

At the same time, we are now working on a solution for this problem and aim to release an update of the map data already during January 2013. We will inform you via this thread in the Nokia Discussion Forum once the update has been deployed. You can also check regularly for map data updates via the On-device Map Loader in the Maps application or via Nokia Suite.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please use plain text.
michohat

Re: Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0.2.47.103

Thank you and i will check this post regularly
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gijsbert79

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rosarion8

I did follow the instructions.

Now the navigation works!

However, the speed limits and the "speed cameras" are not shown any more.

How long we have to wait for the updated maps?

Thank you!

RN

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

rosarion8 wrote:

However, the speed limits and the "speed cameras" are not shown any more.

When you deleted E:\cities or F:\cities as appropriate you would also have deleted safetyspot file 1.0.0.458.europe.cdt and consequently you need to set Nokia Maps application "Online" (WLAN access pont is fine) and start navigation and you will see kb meter show download; you can then set Nokia Maps "Offline" again.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Drifter007

Thanks, works for me.

Navigation calculation from A to B in offline mode works again

Nokia 5800 Xpress Music

V3.06 11wk10b01

MW OpenGL MN

Map version 0.2.46.103

Nokia 5800 XPressMusic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rosarion8

aspergerguy wrote:

When you deleted E:\cities or F:\cities as appropriate you would also have deleted safetyspot file 1.0.0.458.europe.cdt and consequently you need to set Nokia Maps application "Online" (WLAN access pont is fine) and start navigation and you will see kb meter show download; you can then set Nokia Maps "Offline" again.

Done! The 1.0.0.458.europe.cdt is there but still no safetyspot.

When symbian user will have the updated maps?

Bye!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TripleBee

Okay,

January is almost over. Where are the new maps? I don't think it's that hard to get the new maps working the old way "offline".

We are waiting from april 2012 till now for new maps. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rosarion8

TripleBee wrote:
January is almost over. Where are the new maps? I don't think it's that hard to get the new maps working the old way "offline".

Not a word from Nokia, just a deafening silence!

Please use plain text.
Genius_

TripleBee wrote:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Genius_ wrote:

TripleBee wrote:

What TripleBee means is to fix the issue that was seen with the update of Maps released in December, 2012. To clarify, there was an update (v 00.02.47.103) released as mentioned..but had severe glitch in Offline Navigation. The only immediate solution provided by Nokia is to Roll-back to the earlier version as mentioned in the OP. The update with the FIX has taken longer than expected ..

Edit : Just saw your other post and it seems you are already aware of the issue ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TripleBee

It was just a reaction on their post: "At the same time, we are now working on a solution for this problem and aim to release an update of the map data already during January 2013."

Now we are already February, and there's still no update with the new maps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TripleBee

Almost halfway february and still no update!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

You don't really expect Symbian issue to assume a high priority now, when all work directed at progressing Nokia Drive + Beta for Windows Phone 8? No-one is worse off with a functionless feature, although having to wait a bit longer for map data update and some of the devices restricted to Nokia Maps v3.06 will be reaching end of their support life anyway.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

scoobyman wrote:

You don't really expect Symbian issue to assume a high priority now, when all work directed at progressing Nokia Drive + Beta for Windows Phone 8? No-one is worse off with a functionless feature, although having to wait a bit longer for map data update and some of the devices restricted to Nokia Maps v3.06 will be reaching end of their support life anyway.

The effort was already taken by Nokia to update the Maps.. Its ONLY with reference to making it workable in OFFLINE mode..for which it has taken too long..

Please use plain text.
huki1

It's not really right to say that the phones with 2.46 will be reaching end-of support. I can agree that with my 5230 but the issue also affects nokia 500, which was released 08.2011. I know it's a lower-shelf cellphone, but c'mon - it isn't even two years old. And it has to use such old maps.

It's a real shame.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TripleBee

Spring is in sight. I hope I get new maps for the navigation soon, as I will go on holiday in april and may.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyleo

I am still using nokia maps 3.04 on my nokia 5230.pleasd tell me should i update to maps 3.06 or keep using older version.there is only 45 MB memory available in my phone memory and it will install in this.so how many space it will take.Also want to know if this version store cache in phone memory please reply.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

If you want route calculation for long journeys you may find that v3.06 hogs a lot of phone memory, but situation always recoverable by "hard reset" as Nokia Maps v3.06 won't be incorporated in device firmware and you could revert to v3.04 relatively easily.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyleo

farby please tell me which is latest sofware version for nokia 5230 in india.
Please use plain text.