Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0...

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia Symbian Maps 3.06 and map data version 0.2.47.103

galaxyleo wrote:
please tell me which is latest sofware version for nokia 5230 in india.

AFAIK it is 51.6.002.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Genius_

Works with no problems.

Thank you Nokia! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyleo

I recently updated phone software.Now it automaticaly conect to internet and gps.Dont know why this is happening.Due to this my phones battery drais very fastly.can anyone tell me why this is happening.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

galaxyleo wrote:
I recently updated phone software.Now it automaticaly conect to internet and gps.Dont know why this is happening.Due to this my phones battery drais very fastly.can anyone tell me why this is happening.

Which phone .. 

Is this when you launch the Maps application ? If yes..

Confirm that in Maps --> Settings -->Internet -->Connection ... is set OFFLINE ... 

also, ONLY Integrated GPS is selected for GPS Positioning method ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyleo

My phone is nokia 5230.It use gps data and internet without opening the map app.my map version is 3.04.Once i use the location sharing option in maps 3.04.is that creating problem? The phone connect to internet and gps after every 5 to 10 minutes without running any map app.so dont know why this is happening
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TripleBee

Tried it on my phone memory with only Belgium. It works now again offline, plus we have a more updated map than the 2.47. It was worth the waiting.

Now I'm updating all the needed maps on my SD card.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

As already noted above, the issue with offline navigation is solved with the latest map data 0.2.49.104. You can update the map data via WiFi or Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rosarion8

I have a C5-03 running Maps 3.06 11wk27b01 with a 16 Gb SD (6 Gb empty space)
After the big january "bug" I have made the downgrade to the Map version 0.2.46.103 (Europe), since then:
1) although the correct updated file (now it is 1.0.0.506.europe.cdt) is in the rigth "safetyspots" folder I have not seen anymore the "speed cameras"
2) the "Advanced lane guidance" is not working anymore.

This morning I tried to update the Map to the new 0.2.49.104 throug the latest version of Nokia Suite but I receive the following warning: "no enough space on C: needed 16.6 Gb available 14.4 Gb".

I cannot free space on C: but I am plenty of space on I: (more than 800 GB). Is it possible to install "Nokia suite" on the I: disk?

Thank you very much for your help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

@ rosarion8Although its possible to install the Nokia Suite on another drive as mentioned HERE ..suggest you to first delete all existing maps and then select New Maps data step by step..i.e. one Country at a time as it seems you have lots of Maps currently stored on the Memory Card and while selecting Update it calculates the total space requred for updating ALL Maps at once .. 

..Similar issue mentioned in this thread  ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

rosarion8 wrote:
I cannot free space on C: but I am plenty of space on I: (more than 800 GB). Is it possible to install "Nokia suite" on the I: disk

In case you don't scroll to bottom of first suggested resource, command line prompt needs to be:- Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe /TARGET="E:\Program Files\Nokia

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.