Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia drive 3.0 unable to sync favorites

Andre900

Nokia drive 3.0 unable to sync favorites

Is there a way to sync Drive3.0 Favorites to Nokia account?  If not how can I transfer favourites from Nokia Maps ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Hi Andre900,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately it is not possible to synchronise favorites or routes on Nokia Drive 3.0 as they can be stored only on the phone memory.  However, it is possible to transfer favorites from maps.nokia.com to Nokia Maps, but not to Nokia Drive. Please see here for instructions on how to set up the sync for Nokia Maps.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RiyadhDriver

Duh!!! How dumb is that? Non Windows models did not have any problem managing to synchronise favorites on Nokia Maps with driving instructions.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ish68

It might be me, but if Nokia maps is installed on my Lumia 800 and the favourites are synced and stored on my phone, I would have thought Nokia Maps & Nokia Drive (both by Nokia) apps could access these synced favourites, after all what is the point on having to enter every destination for 'drive' when it's already stored by you in the 'maps' app. This does to things: 1. Annoys people having to enter things twice. 2. Wastes storage space on the phone (even though it might only be a small ammount). Also Nokia maps on my C6 seems more accurate, as I live at number 9 and my C6 says either 11 or 13, but Nokia Drive says number 24. Which is on the other side of the street and 5 houses away. Even my Garmin says number 11. It's. A pitty that all Satnav units and apps could not allow the user to calibrate then to there exact position. E.G. while outside our home, use a calibration option and press cursors until it shows the exact location. From then on everything should be correctly displayed.
Ish68
UK Vodafone - E72 - Code: 0590128 - FW (022.007)
Please use plain text.
Denisjc

Your link no longer works, please can you provide a link to the insructions on how to sync these two applications

Please use plain text.
AbhiNagane

Hi Guys, U can use your previous maps application to sync with OVI, see in favorites tab.

further for the Nokia Drive Sync, it seems that u can use nokia maps to select a favorite location and start the navigation from Nokia maps itself, this will start nokia drive app and create the route. 

Hope this helps..

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

That is a solution, but so far it only works in some of the Lumia models.

Please use plain text.
jackojo

I completely agree with you RiyadhDriver, this is an indictment on Nokia. Nokia provided better service with ovi maps 4-5 years ago, which is a real shame as it use to be something to rave about. But now its just poor half integrated solution that is spread across many different operating systems with only some still being supported. Poor form Nokia..

Please use plain text.