Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia maps for Nokia Asha 202

Torq
Accepted Solution

Nokia maps for Nokia Asha 202

Hello people,

I bought the new nokia asha 202 a few days ago. Its a series 40 phone. Now, even though its advertised on the nokia site that the phone has nokia maps available for free download, there is no nokia maps app available on the phone to access the downloaded maps.

I have updated the software on the phone with nokia suite, tried downloading different versions of nokia maps app available on the nokia europe site but nothing worked :smileysad:

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Hi Torq,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at the user guide pages 37 & 38 explaining how to use maps. 

Hope this halps! If you have any other questions. please let us know.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Torq

Hello Jampe,

I have downloaded the user guide. It says that I have to access the MAP option in the phone menu. The problem is that I dont have a 'MAP' option/ application in my menu at all. Nokia asha 202 is supposed to have this option. Even the user guide points to it. But my phone is missing the app in the phone menu.

The only other answer is that the advertisment on the Nokia India site is misleading. Under the hardware tag it says that nokia maps is available as a free download. But the phone doesnt have an app to run it. This is really frustrating as nokia maps is fantastic and I really wanted to use it.

My phone software is up to date so I think there is nothing wrong with the OS or the menu. Is there a way I can get nokia maps app for series 40 through a download or some other way.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Just check if 'MAPS' appears under the list where you select the Shortcuts for your Home Screen. On my Nokia X3-00 also it never appeared under Menu or other Folders..but while setting the Shortcuts, I accidentally came across 'MAPS' and there they are ...

Please use plain text.
Torq

Checked there too. Doesnt exist on the phone. Got in touch with Nokia India customer care. They sent me a message saying that the Nokia maps for this phone is region specific and it may not be available on my phone. I am feeling a bit let down because they have not put this fact up on the site and I bought the phone believing Nokia. I have a great respect for Nokia and their products but this sort of leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Nyways, now that I have bought the phone, is there a way around this problem? A download or something? Anything.

Thanx once again.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry to know that.. BTW, you should get in touch with Nokia again and ask for a replacement with another model that has 'Maps' on it .. Since they have advertised it wrongly or in a way a customer can get misguided, they may give you an option.. Try your luck..

As for the download there is no way you can... 

Please use plain text.
Torq

Thanx Farby. Maybe thats exactly what I'll do.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eldo

[ Edited ]

in my 202's user guide there is nothing written about maps....... but i can c it in online user guide!!!!  i'm dissapointed with this phone cause i dont have maps.... PLEASE HELP ME.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The feature may be available for some Regions only..Is it shown under Device Specifications on your Regional Nokia site ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eldo

[ Edited ]

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/apac/phones/guides/Nokia_202_UG_en.pdf    .today i went to d nokia care, they said there is no map available on 202. we had arguments, atlast they updated my phone software....but nothing happend :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dovahkin

the funniest thing is when i pluggedd my memory card it created maps files and ovi store was showing map option so i downloaded it thought it would work but where the hell was app to run it??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

dovahkin wrote:

the funniest thing is when i pluggedd my memory card it created maps files and ovi store was showing map option so i downloaded it thought it would work but where the hell was app to run it??

Refer Message 4 above and see if you get it ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dovahkinn

checked everywhere no app, today it asked for update which included map also i updated it still no map app was found on my phone

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kronos14

I have the same problem for my Nokia Asha 203. Although the Nokia page says it has maps, there is no Map-Application for it. Is it only for several countries available (I live in Germany)? That would be quite stupid from Nokia, I mean I can understand if there are apps from third-parties not available in every contry, but why Nokia-own-software? What is the reason for that?

Please use plain text.
anoki

I have the same problem too and I live in Switzerland. For me it looks like they want to force us to buy the more expensive phones. In the poorer countries it make sense for them to make the asha line more attractive.

But the description on the web is misleading.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kronos14

It's sad that there is no official answer from Nokia about that, and that they are misleading people with wrong data on their site.

They could at least compensate those people and include Nokia Maps with the next update.

Please use plain text.
fumo

thats tru. I have downloaded maps from ovi store. It only shows the names and the locations of nearby hotels, streets...etc not that maps as such.
Please use plain text.
fumo

i wonder whether could somebody tell me how to set the user defined time for autolock, nokia 202.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Fynestintown

Helo. Some1 help me out wit may asha 202.. I try 2 download game in wapday.. Nd d game open but d tin did not start.. Bcous d scren touch did not work wit it .... But i go 2 nokia store .. After downloading it say z dat i should get d game again . Nd they are going 2 redurt #100 4rm ma account. But if i go 2 play damo. It going 2 start. But am going 2 play it 4 180s .. After 180s d game stropt ... So i want u 2 help me out. .. Nd again dis asha 202 cant download whatsapp. Why.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Reydel

i had no problem before. i had the map application on my phone (asha202). but after updating my phone's software, the map application was lost. i tried to retrieve it; I was trying to download it from the net but there's nothing to download it from... nokia has to solve this.

Please use plain text.