Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia maps suite 2.0 update- any issues?

Mobile Visionary
timkamat
Accepted Solution

Nokia maps suite 2.0 update- any issues?

My phone is showing up an update Nokia maps suite 2.0 on software update client. Has anybody installed this update? I am a bit apprehensive because the Nokia maps 3.08 we got as update last time had problems and it had to taken off from the servers. I just want to confirm that this has no issues.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

There have been reports of some minor issues... but generally it works very well.

If you want the absolute latest then you can get the even newer beta from here: http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

I made the update thru nokia suite yesterday(Nokia 701),gives error.then i try thru software update via phone,gives error to.searching the web,i find out that the update is available on nokia store.download and instalation went well,but the instalation cause a bug on my phone;if the store was open and i pull the status bar,the store automaticaly closes.it´s a known issue at beta labs and it´s caused by some qt files that are installed when the update is made.here's the topic with the solution:http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/store-qml-client/discussion/47133/store-closed-when-notification-bar-....

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Try to go back to previous version of maps,there is no way in nokia 701.

At this time,since yesterday,i have done 11!(yes 11!) "delete and restore" reset,basically,because for my surprise,reinstalling software won't bring back the deleted apps in Nokia 701,as in the other Belle phones.:smileymad:

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aikonN8

my install hung for ages,blue progress bar completed but never said finished.

phone shows v3.09 12wk09 b05

map version 0.2.45.110

Is this the latest version as nokia suite STILL shows update available but when I click on it , it says update sucessful .

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

aikonN8 wrote:

my install hung for ages,blue progress bar completed but never said finished.

phone shows v3.09 12wk09 b05

map version 0.2.45.110

Is this the latest version as nokia suite STILL shows update available but when I click on it , it says update sucessful .

aikonN8,your update was sucesseful because that's the version of the update.

Try to remove your phone from the options in nokia suite,then plug it again to see if it solves the update pop up.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Installed this update. Lost 20MB phone memory as expected. By the way, where is My location widget as had been with the beta?
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

MyLocation widget has been dropped out from the Maps Suite 2.0 release version but you may still keep using the widget if you have got it installed by a previous beta version.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

And what about the memory drop of 20MB? Does the installation not completely uninstall the previous 3.08? And just out of curiosity, is there any way to uninstall maps suite 2.0?
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I have but I wish I hadn't, it used up 20Mb of space also the Public Transport part is only useful if you live in London, no other UK city is listed; all the others are mainly US or Canadian cities, what's the point in that unless you frequent those cities! To top it all Maps 2,0 isn't listed either combined or separately under installations so no way to remove the unwanted bits or return to 3.08.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

Doctor9fan wrote:

I have but I wish I hadn't, it used up 20Mb of space also the Public Transport part is only useful if you live in London, no other UK city is listed; all the others are mainly US or Canadian cities, what's the point in that unless you frequent those cities! To top it all Maps 2,0 isn't listed either combined or separately under installations so no way to remove the unwanted bits or return to 3.08.

On my phone, but I have the beta rather than the recent release version, I can long press on "public transport" (and the other map apps except weather) in "Menu"  and get the option to delete. Might be worth a try. (but I could also do it under installations as the beta does list them all)

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Contributor
neticigaistoms

The maps 2.0 seems to be really good, but... after the update it seams, that integral gps shows a little bit poor perfomance. Yes it get,s the gps fix faster, but often the location changes its location in map while I,m standing in one place... P.S. Using only integral gps.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

I upgraded to the new "official" versioin using Nokia Suite.  The upgrade seemed to go smoothly, but when I was still waiting five or six minutes after it said "one minute left" I got concerned.  I didn't stop anything on the PC - I simply picked up the phone and started 'Maps'. 

Whether i was coincidence or just my timing, the process completed on the PC, just as Maps was starting up on the phone.

Indoors, it was no longer sure of my location - it kept changing me to random places that were close to where I live, but not not correct.  That's when I had to stop.

The next day, on a trip from Miami to Ft. PIerce, the software seemed to work beautifully.  I like the revised interface.  The phone worked fine, and I was quite pleased with it all.

(I didn't know about the 20-megs of space being taken up in C: memory - if so, I'm hoping Nokia will correct this.  As to the update, I don't know if the installation just "hanging" on my PC was normal - if I would have kept on waiting, maybe it would have completed without my having started the software on my phone.  Overall, I'm quite pleased - but keep in mind that Nokia Maps is now the single biggest reason why I'm still using a N8.)

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

andy3196 wrote:

Doctor9fan wrote:

On my phone, but I have the beta rather than the recent release version, I can long press on "public transport" (and the other map apps except weather) in "Menu"  and get the option to delete. Might be worth a try. (but I could also do it under installations as the beta does list them all)

Thanks andy3196 but that's the first thing I tried, delete didn't come up as an option.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

Doctor9fan wrote:

andy3196 wrote:

Doctor9fan wrote:

I have but I wish I hadn't, it used up 20Mb of space also the Public Transport

I can long press on "public transport"

Thanks andy3196 but that's the first thing I tried, delete didn't come up as an option.

Sorry that wasn't of any use. But even if it had been I'm not sure if it would help as I have just looked to see how much memory it uses, which is 2MB, but it is about the only part of maps suite that got installed on E: rather than C: in the beta.

The beta download is still there at http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite/download_and_installation but, as it is just the small installer app, I don't know if it will download the original beta components or the release versions. 

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
nervousmj

I'm continuously facing problems while installing Nokia map suit 2. The prompt window which came just before the installation completed, indicating that " can't finish installing just now. Go to the apps menu to try again in a little while. I have belle refresh software in my C7 mobile. However, when I go to apps. menu, I didn't find any solution there.
Kindly help me to sort this out.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@nervousmj

You should look for a SmartInstaller icon in Apps and click upon that.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

nervousmj,

This could happen if your phone had no Internet connecton available during the installation. Nokia map suite is just an installer that downloads appropriate content from Internet.

Turn any connectivity on and launch installation again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
weedougie

Lots of problems  I have had error message 400.   When I log into nokia suite I am told map update available but when I click through it says I have to install my memory card.  Tried to reinstall nokia suite and managed to open ovi maps which then started download and then it stops halfway through and am unable to open ovi maps again.One other point I  noticed when it was working it says I only have voice directions on my phone but I have checked ,maps are there but not sure if they are updated version or not so come on nokia there is obviously a problem so how about sorting it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@weedougie

Updated map set 00.02.47.103 would give you issues if you want to navigate "Offline" which is why there are so many posts about this issue currently. You may need to delete E:\cities (or F:\cities if memory card) + .qf file, re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure for next stage.

If you are happy to use network connection for navigation download provided mapping via Nokia Suite or Maploader upon device, but if you want "Offline" navigation only using downloaded maps you would need to manually install those from decompressed .zip of 00.02.46.103 series using method advocated by user ovikovi upon the forum.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.