Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Ovi Maps 3.04 Auto Zoom on E72

Counsellor
premal

Ovi Maps 3.04 Auto Zoom on E72

Have been satisfactorily using Ovi Maps on my E72.

Everything was fine until recently, once on maps, in about 30 seconds & it completely zooms in, even if I zoom out the moment I release the zoom button it just zooms in.

Have tried re-starting, re-installing, but this just keeps on zooming in, any suggestions?!!

Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Also have Nokia E72 & Nokia N8.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Maps Menu (Spanner Icon)-->Navigation-->Automatic Zoom.. set to OFF and check..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Counsellor
premal

thanks farby, but its already OFF. Infact to be double sure, I switched it ON & then again switched if OFF.
Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Counsellor
premal

please someone guide me, its not easy to view maps which are completely zoomed in.
Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Registered Member
super7707

Hello premal,

I have exactly the same problem (E72 with ovi maps 3.04b). Did you find a solution to the problem? I also set the open "automatic zoom" off and on and off again, tried restarting, reinstalling ovi maps, etc. - no help.

a fast workaround after playing with the maps: press SHIFT+* and immediately press # to zoom out. then ovi maps stays in the set zooming factor (mostly, not always). it seems that the zooming bar is enlarged, automatic zooming is enabled, if the zooming bar is contracted, automatic zooming is off.

JohnDoe000

same thing is happening to me too. I am also using e72. Any help?

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@JohnDoe000

Are you using latest v091.003 software or other version?

Whilst I may have remapped keys so that I can zoom in and out using volume keys in Ovi Maps, whereas it zooms right in on starting application I can zoom out to any position without it altering back.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

JohnDoe000

hello,

thank you for quick response. yes, i´m using the latest firmware. the "shift" workaroud works for me, but it's somewhat inconvinient. How do you remap keys? And, more importantly, do you think this is a hardware or software issue?

thank you again

cheers

JD

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

JohnDoe000 wrote:

How do you remap keys? 

Using MagicKey by Leftup, but as this application is unsigned obtaining the necessary Symbian developer certificate is now a lot more difficult than it was a couple of years ago.

As Ovi Maps has now remained at v3.04_10wk32_b04 for a number of device software versions, I can offer no explanation as to why some users devices have been so afflicted and not others. I can't actually remember at which point this particular version became embedded in device software, rather than having to be re-installed after device returned to "Out of box" state by carrying out "hard reset".

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
Spark_ice

[ Edited ]

Firmware upgrade to v091.004, the default version of the map is 3.04.But the map of the old firmware version 3.03, the default will not be automatic zoom.3.04 default "automatic zoom", and did not turn off the option, and brought me trouble, I hope to increase the "automatic zoom" option selected by the user to turn off or turn on.